Sunday, May 13, 2012

Taba Turns 4!

Our smiley Taba turned four way back in January. I thought I had blogged about this already, but it appears I have not. Giant slacker. Her birthday was on a Friday, but we had a party, her very first FRIENDS party, planned for Saturday.  So, Friday morning we awoke to find this:

That is Tabitha playing outside her room, with the balloons we'd taped on the outside of the door.  Yes, the idea was that she would run through the streamers to get out of her room, but she didn't know that, so when she woke up, she crawled under them. We tried to get her to crawl back under and run through, but she just wanted to run into her room instead.  Then when she did, she only ripped like two streamers, so Hyatt decided to help.


We had Swiss Porridge for her birthday breakfast, and she got to have it in the special bowl, which she loves.
 After we ate and got ready for the day, we headed off for a day with Grandma.  Grandma Griesemer took Tabitha to Build a Bear where she made a red Hello Kitty whom she named Haley Hello Kitty.  We got lots of cute pictures, but they were all on my mom's phone, and I don't have them : (.  After we built Haley, we headed to Settobello for a pizza lunch, some gelato, and some girl time.

Tabitha's party was planned for 10am on Saturday and we woke up to a rainy, dreary day.  The party was planned for indoors, but I was a little irritated because it's impossible for me to get a good picture of a cake indoors.  Tabitha's Lalaloopsy cake was adorable and I really wish I had better pictures of it. 
 

I made some fun "lollipops to go outdoors to greet our guests.  The rain didn't completely soak through the sticks until the end of the party, so it was all good.

Tabitha invited 6 friends and her cousins.  They brought her lots of girly gifts and she loved being the center of attention.





We had cake and orange Crush to drink (most of which ended up spilled on the carpet).
We also made button bracelets and colored Lalaloopsy pictures.  I think she had a really great day.  I interviewed her since she is a whole year older, and this is what she had to say:
Favorite food: Chocolate
Favorite color: Pink
Favorite thing to do: play with toys
Favorite Restaurant: Where the chocolate milk is.
What she wants to do when she grows up: Play with friends
What she wants to do for her job: Be a dishwasher (at least she's prepared for motherhood).
How old is mom?: I don't know.
Favorite book: The picture one.  (She means the books that have our family pictures in them)
Favorite Movie: Strawberry Shortcake- Rockaberry Roll
Least favorite food: leaves  : )
Best friend: Eva (Langhi)
Favorite Song: I am a Child of God
Favorite Show: Elmo
Where she wants to serve a mission: Arizona

No comments: