As I mentioned before, Tabitha has been dying to DANCE. So, we signed her up right at the beginning of the year and she is in HEAVEN! She is signed up for "Creative Dance" at Avondale Academy. Before her first class I was instructed to find a black, short sleeved leotard and pink footless tights for her to wear. They told me Walmart had them so that's where I looked. I found both the tights and the leotard and bought the smallest size they had. We tried them on when I got home and they were HUGE. I weighed Taba the other day and at 2.9 years old, she is only 23 lbs. I tried to make the leotard work by bunching it all up in the back and wrapping a hair tie around it to hold it tight. It was better, but still looked silly because the bum part was so loose you could see right through it from one side to another. Since the tights I bought were too big, I just found a pair of her pink sunday tights and cut the feet off.
Here she is in the too big stuff I bought her, right before we walked out the door...
When we arrived at the class I asked them if they sold tiny leotards, and they DID! I bought one and it IS tiny. We put it right on and finally she looks like a little dancer!
She met her teacher, Martha, and fell in love. Tabitha does everything Martha tells her to do.
The first class consisted of FREEZE-DANCE and this was honestly the first pose Tabitha froze in. Notice those cute little pointed toes. I am so PROUD!
Have I mentioned lately that I ADORE having a girl? I LOVE the different things she brings into my life.
2 comments:
So cute. Hope she loves every minute of it.
I ADORE having a girl too!!!! The dynamic is so DIFFERENT with her on board, I LOVE LOVE it. :) Can't wait til mine wants to dance too!
Tabitha is DARLING........
Post a Comment