On September 22nd Brandon and I celebrated 10 years of happy marriage. As with every couple, we've had our ups and downs, but I can honestly say, with all of my heart, marrying him is the BEST decision I ever made.
When Brandon got his job in Utah and was moving up immediately, I was worried that we wouldn't be together for our big ONE-OH. Since we got married we'd always talked about going on a cruise for our tenth. When he lost his job, that went out the window. But, I wanted to be together at the VERY VERY least.
Since our anniversary fell on a Wednesday I was pretty sure I would be spending that evening wrestling my munchkins into bed. My mom and Jessie (sister) had the same thought and decided to take action. They booked a night at the Phoenician for Brandon and I the weekend before our anniversary. Brandon arranged to have his mom watch the kids overnight. I was only told not to plan on doing any cakes that Saturday. We dropped the kids at Nana's and then I demanded to know what was going down- he spilled the beans. We had a nice dinner at PF Changs and headed to the hotel, where we planned to swim and spend some time in the hot tub. By the time we checked in, we decided to stay in and watch tv instead. I am pretty sure I was asleep by 8:30 and we both slept in. It was FABULOUS! After being a mostly single mom for almost two months SLEEP was what I needed.
Well, the surprise didn't end there. My mom and sister didn't want Brandon to take more time away from the kids while spending the weekend with me, so they decided to fly him home the following weekend too. It was such an awesome gift from them and I am SO grateful they love me that much.
As it turned out, I needed to go to Utah to find a house. I planned on going earlier in September after we sold our house, but when that fell through I had to make other arrangements. It just sort of worked out that I could go the week of our anniversary. Of course, I had no idea that the surprise had been planned, so I booked my flight and then found a smokin' deal on a room at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City for our real anniversary. Yes, that meant we got TWO nights away together. How SPOILED we felt.
Two nights of just US time is exactly what we needed. Being apart for two months really made me appreciate Brandon more and I missed him so much. He is truly my best friend and not having him around made me feel like half of me was missing. I was in survival mode. I am so grateful for the husband he is to me. I don't want to offend any of you, but I think my husband is better than any of yours! : )
I'm the luckiest girl in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.
No comments:
Post a Comment