I know you're all thinking, HE'S ALREADY ONE?!!
Isn't it a little unbelievable? Where did the year go? I honestly don't know. What I do know is that he has been a true JOY to have in our family. He has the most amazing smile and although it took him FOREVER to let loose enough to laugh, we forgive him because he's SUCH a good boy. He tolerates all of Tabitha's pokes and hits and pinches... although he is starting to fight back. I'm always telling her that he is gonna be bigger than her someday and she might want to stop bothering her.
Hyatt loves to play with his dad. When Brandon goes after Hyatt to play with him, Hyatt doesn't run away like the other boys did... he goes right for his dad. He loves to play with anyone who will wrestle with him on the floor. He adores his turquoise and red minky blankie, and he is a great cuddler.
So, the weekend Brandon and I went to the Phoenician was also Hyatt's birthday weekend. On Sunday we had a party for him at Nana and Grandpa's house. I had an amazing Dr. Seuss cake planned, but when Brandon said NO CAKES FOR SATURDAY those plans had to go out the window. Instead I made a really small red velvet and vanilla cake with raspberry filling. It was so plain... and then it got smashed on the way to Nana's. Not impressive at all, but luckily Hyatt could care less.
Hyatt loves Mac and Cheese (especially if it's day old and laying on the kitchen floor), so we made Shells and Cheese for his birthday dinner. We fed that to the kids and made the Cooks Illustrated Skillet Pasta Quattro Formaggi with chicken for the adults. Everyone was happy.
After dinner we quickly moved on to presents, since we had to get Brandon to the airport. Hyatt got his first taste of "Heavy, Heavy Hangover" and the other kids couldn't wait to get their hands on his toys.
Next up was the cake! I don't think the sugar candle even lasted .5 seconds. It was the first thing he ate.
We let the Nana take care of cleaning him up and Brandon and I left for the airport. The rest of these pictures were taken by Uncle Kayson. Hyatt got some good cuddle time with Grandma Rohner.
Happy Birthday to our Handsome, Smiley, PRECIOUS little guy! We are so glad we didn't stop at 3!
No comments:
Post a Comment