Brandon's in Denver until Wednesday, so tonight I decided to catch up on all the Grey's Anatomy that I have recorded. I started with the season premier. I watched the second episode as well. I'm not a HUGE GA fan, but it's a decent show, if you can get past all the ahem, adult stuff (right, so this is a post for my kids, so we'll just move right along). It has a lot of introspective narration that makes you think. Maybe it was this narration that caused my mind to wander down the path it did.
It was the 30 year old girl (not woman- 30 is still a girl, right???) who has colon cancer that really made me think. She's 30, and she's dying of colon cancer. That is horrible. What if that were me? I'll be 30 in 2 weeks, and it could just as easily be me. What if that were ME?
My sweet, precious kids. I just couldn't bear to leave them. I don't think I would have the emotional capacity to know that I was going to disappear from their lives-- to know that they would live more of their lives without me, than they did with me. That was one of my initial thoughts when my dad passed away... I will live more of my life without him, than I did with him. I was 25 then.
I guess I just want my Daxton, my Grady, and my Tabitha to know that they mean so much more to me than anything else in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD (picture the biggest outstretched arms). I want them to know that I am so proud to have them as my kids. They are all so sweet and try so hard to be polite and kind and friendly. The boys are going to grow up to be fiercely independent and outgoing. Tabitha will always make friends, just because she can't help but smile at everyone she meets. They each bring us so much JOY! Brandon and I are so blessed that they chose to come to our family.
I hope that I will always be here for them. I hope that I get to see them grow and turn into adults. I hope that they will always know how much I love them.
You're the BEST DAXTON EVER!
You're the BEST GRADY EVER!
You're the BEST TABITHA EVER!
4 comments:
Thanks for making me think this morning, Mandy! You are always and inspiration!
What a sweet post! I always wonder about stuff like that too.
well that's what blogging is all about! preserving our thoughts and memories forever! and someday they will LOVE what we have recorded.
..maybe skip today's event ;)
I SO LOVE, LOVE Grey's Anatomy. ALL THE NARRATION MAKES ME DO THE EXACT SAME THING....
WHAT IF??
or better yet...
I need to stop doing this or that and enjoy this very second for what it is!!!
Post a Comment