Sunday, August 24, 2008

Which one made this mess?


No, it wasn't my rambunctious Grady... nor was it my hyper Daxton. That only leaves one possibility. My dear, sweet, precious baby girl managed to break my bargain bowl ($4.50 at Target) and do some serious damage to my wood floor.
Allow me to set the scene. I decided that it was time to start cooking dinner. So, I put Tabitha in her high chair where I could keep "tabs" on her (pun intended). She's quite the scooter, so she needs to be watched. I give her some cereal puffs to munch on and off on my cooking frenzy I go. She's usually pretty vocal when she needs more cereal, but this evening was the exception. At one point I heard something that sounded kind of tinny. It didn't sound right, so I glanced over at her to see what was going on. At that moment I saw the silver tray with the big bowl that was on top of it, tipped right on the edge of the counter... and Tabitha's little hand holding onto the corner. It was too late to do anything about it. They were going to fall. I yelled an instinctive, "AHHHH" and down they crashed.
I'm not sure if it was my yell, or the loud noise, but Tabitha started screaming and the boys came running. Daxton started crying when he saw the mess. I was confused by that. I stepped over the shards of pottery and tried to comfort Tabs. When she was calm, I went to see about Daxton. I thought he might be crying because he thought I yelled at Tabitha, but it turns out that the whole thing just scared him. We laughed about it, and then went to clean up the mess.
Grady kept telling Tabitha that she was going to have to earn the money to pay for the bowl when she gets older. : )

PLEASE tell me this is not the first in a lifetime of destruction by my baby girl!

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

A moment of silence or your wood floors (and the bargain bowl)...what a tragedy.

Alisa Larson said...

Okay, my favoritie thing is that Grady told Tabitha she would have to pay for the bowl when she got older! I like his thinking! :-)

Anonymous said...

GIRLS ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!