Today was Daxton's last day of Kindergarten. He had a program this morning that I attended with Tabitha and Nana. It was a cute half hour, but the real treat came afterward. I told Daxton to go tell Mrs. Smoot goodbye since she wasn't going to be his teacher anymore. We went to her and she was teary-eyed from saying goodbye to her kindergarteners. She told me that she had a story to tell me about Daxton. She said that last week she was reading this poem to the class (it's out of the yearbooks they made):
I'm glad I was your teacher
I've come to Love you so.
I can't believe the end is here.
I hate to see you go.
Remember all the fun we had
in all the things we did
But most of all remember...
You're a Very Special Kid!
She said Daxton raised his hand in the middle of reading the poem and said, "Mrs. Smoot, that kind of makes me sad." He started to cry, and she said she started to cry with him. She told him it makes her kind of sad too.
He's told me several times already today that he will miss her. How wonderful to have such great teachers who let themselves get involved with their students and love our kids. We were so blessed to have her as his teacher.
4 comments:
that makes me want to cry too! I wonder how those teachers compose themselves on the LAST day that they will ever see those adorable kinders. Boo hoo. I should have made it more of a point to Brayden that today was his last day with Miss Settle. Thanks for depressing me Mandy! :)
Oh, that makes ME cry! How sweet! I know, today was so hard for Tyler. He kept telling me he misses his teacher and wanted me to keep reassuring him that he'd see her again someday around Gilbert. Your son is so adorable.
That is so sweet, he really is such a sensitive little guy and I can see how easy it would be for his teacher to get attached to him. Hopefully he has a wonderful teacher in first grade as well. Enjoy your summer! (Oh, and obviously I didn't make it around to get the pressure cooker today, I've been up to my eyeballs in throw-up. Not fun.)
oh....that makes me want to cry too! sweet sweet boy!!!
Post a Comment