Thursday, May 29, 2008

Arrivederci!!


Well, OK, not for another 20 days, but my trip to Italy is coming soon and I'm bursting with excitement.
Most of you know that we do a big trip every summer and this year we are off to Italy. It is a family reunion on my mom's side this year, so Brandon, Tabitha, and I will be travelling with my siblings and their spouses. We'll be meeting some of the Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins in Rome where we will spend a couple days. Then we'll move on to Bologna where my mom's brother lives with his wife and two kids. That will be our "home base", but we'll be travelling a lot from there. There's a day trip to Florence, and I'm hoping for a day trip to Parma (for CHEESE!!). We'll also stay for two nights in Venice.
So, this is my first time to Italy, but I know some of you have been there. Tell me what I shouldn't miss. Is there a certain restaraunt that you loved, or gelato that I can't miss? What was your favorite touristy thing you did?
I don't want to miss something amazing.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

ha ha, I would help you but the farthest I have ever been is California! fooey on you! I hope you have a blast though you lucky lucky spoiled girl!

Niederfam said...

Oh I WISH I had some advice, but I'll just have to settle for asking you all about it, til I can get there too!!! ENJOY!!!

Rob and Jenn said...

Um...can I hide in your suitcase? I need a vacation and I'm dying to go there.
I'm looking forward to our 10th anniversary...I talked to Robbie and he thought the idea was great. So start saving.

Alisa Larson said...

Oh, that is my dream vacation!!!! Someday.... I hope! I'm sure you'll have a blast and make sure to take lots of pics!