Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Some Things Just Have to be Recorded

I'm not feeling well, so getting out of bed has been a challenge the last couple days. That means it's a big rush to get to the bus stop on time.
This morning we left the house 3 or 4 minutes late, which is WAY late when the bus comes at the same time every day. I shooed the boys out the door and buckled Tabitha into the sit n' stand. Daxton sat it the "sit" part with his backpack and Grady was helping me push. We rolled across the street and Grady says, "Daxton is asleep." I look down and see Daxton look up at Grady. He says, "no, I was just saying a prayer." I couldn't resist. "What were you praying about?"

"That we won't miss the bus," he said, totally matter of factly.

My son. One proud mama.

2 comments:

Michelle Bradley said...

So Sweet! It's moment like those that being a mom so worth it! It's also nice to know that some things we are teaching them are sticking.

Shanen said...

So worth remembering. And now that it is recorded, you can always go back and read it.