
He turned 6 last Friday. What a great day it was. He got really lucky because his class was going on a field trip that day. I had so much to do to get ready for the boutique on Saturday, but I couldn't resist the urge to be with him on his special day. So, I signed up to go see "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day" with Daxton and his class. It was a really cute play put on by Childsplay theater in Tempe.
He lucked out again when the PTO at his school planned "Muffins with Mom" for the same morning. So, not only did I get to spend all day with him, I got to have a special breakfast with him as well.
After he and I both ate a chocolate muffin we went into his classroom so I could talk to his teacher about what teacher she thought might work best for him next year. We discussed it, and then she went on to tell me: Daxton is such a great kid. He has so much character and always wants to do what's right. He's always telling the other kids that they need to be nice to everyone and he'll tell them when they're hurting someone's feelings. There are a lot of kids who come into my class that don't know how to be respectful. Daxton is polite and respectful. He knows right from wrong and he always tries to do his best.
I got all teary-eyed and told her thank you. It is so nice to hear that all the struggle is worth it. When he's out in the real world he does wonderfully.
I took Daxton to the store so we could buy donuts for his class, and then we were off to the play on the very loud, very bumpy bus. The play was just adorable and the kindergarteners were all really good during the show.
Afterward we went to Tumbleweed park for pizza and donuts. His class all sang Happy Birthday to him.
I've never even heard of Tumbleweed Park, so my kids haven't been there before. Daxton had the time of his life and keeps asking if we can go back.
That night, we were over at the Bradley's house setting up for the boutique and celebrating Daxton's 6 years. We had Chick-fil-A for dinner, and per Daxton's request we had Blueberry Pie for dessert. He's never had blueberry pie, and I'd never made one, but from what I hear it turned out really great (I don't eat pie, especially blueberry pie).
Daxton opened his presents at the Bradley's and he got this fun PlasmaCar that he loves. His dad got one for Valentine's Day, and Daxton has gotten very proficient at riding it. Sorry the picture is so blurry.
So, it turns out I am the mother of a six year old. He is so big! I love it though. I've always thought I'd be a much better mom to older kids than I am with babies. I love having conversations with my Daxton. It's just interesting to hear what he thinks about and the everyday experiences that he has. I am so proud to be his mom. He has a very sweet, tender spirit, but he can also tease as bad as his "big grandpa". We love him so much and we're so happy he came to live with our family.
3 comments:
What a busy and special day for Daxton. He got some great one on one time with you, and I bet he will remember that for a long time.
Happy birthday Daxton...a little late.
Mandy, we ARE old, I can't believe you have a 6 year old. Anna, my baby, will be 3 in a week. Where does the time go???
so so sweet.......i hope one day someone says those nice things about my little boy too. little tenderheart, i love it......
Post a Comment