She's the most amazing lady I know and if I can obtain half of the wisdom and talents that she possesses and use them in my life to raise my kids and nurture my marriage then my life will be intensely enriched. My mom and I have gotten much closer since my dad passed away and I truly cherish every day that I get to spend with her. She is an amazing person and I love her so much which is why sending her on a mission is so hard. Will it be this hard to send my children?
Most of you know that my mom is going on a mission, and soon. Her papers were sent in over three weeks ago and we are all ANXIOUSLY awaiting her call. Of course, she is the most anxious of all.
If you have any interest of adding ANOTHER blog to your list of blogs, my mom's missionary blog (my gift to her for Christmas) is truly one that will uplift you spiritually and make you laugh and cry. She has a talent for expressing herself through words (one of those things I'd like to learn from her). Alas, my mom, being the overachiever that she is, has written an essay on WAITING for her most recent blog entry. It is very insightful... It would have been helpful about 3 and a half weeks ago when I was still waiting.
You can click on Mom over in my list of friends and family, or go to www.grandmacalledtoserve.blogspot.com
Enjoy!
3 comments:
Wow, that was an amazing post! Almost hard to read because my brain stopped working like that about 20 years ago. PS - still have a cute little girl outfit I wanna bring by.
It was nice to meet your mom at the shower. She seems so darn fun and she looks SO young. Sorry I haven't been by to see the baby yet. Our family has been sick but we're doing well now and I'll come by next week. Need anything?
-Jennie N.
Hey Mandy! So good to hear from you! Congrats on the new baby and your little family is so dang cute! Hope all is going well for you and hope you can catch up on some more sleep!:) Keep in touch!
-Kelley
Post a Comment