Monday, January 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye.


When I first got the news that President Hinkley had passed away I was shocked, which is odd because the man was 97 years old. Then I cried a little because he has been the prophet of our church for almost half of my life. That passed, and since then I have only felt joy for him. After all, he deserves a rest. He has lived a life of service and has sacrificed so much in order to serve our Heavenly Father. He is with his adorable wife again, and he is no longer held back by an aging body.
My prayers go out to President Hinckley's family, as I know that death is harder on those who are left behind. I will miss his witty personality and his ability to touch the lives of those outside the church.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasn't he such a SPECIAL MAN!!!?? I was like you, I cried and then I thought about the reunion he is having with his wife. I am SO THANKFUL to know that there is life after death. We are so blessed to have that comforting knowledge!

foreveryoung said...

You did a good job summing up the emotions, I felt the same way. What an amazing man, he will definately be missed! Okay, I tried calling you today, I need to have Grady come over and play so that you can get a break and I need an excuse to come and see Tabitha!