I'm glad you were all so impressed that I blogged at the hospital... so cut me some slack that I didn't get the pictures posted yet. : )
Here she is in all her glory. She is absolutely beautiful and precious... but not very photogenic unfortunately. Who would be after spending 9 months soaking in a warm bath and being pushed through a birth canal.
Brandon and I both think she looks most like Grady at this point, but if you take a truly objective point of view she looks more like my dad with her bald head, double chin, and perfectly round face.
We left the hospital around 11 this morning, but got a phone call on the way home that Daxton cut his face at recess and wanted to come home. Since he had been begging his grandma to let him stay home from school today, I was a little suspicious that he might have paid some kid to throw a ball at the back of his head while he was getting a drink from the fountain. A little blood is the perfect way to get out of a full day of school. The cut isn't bad at all, and fortunately he didn't lose any teeth.
Which brings me to our next big news event for the week. Daxton FINALLY has a loose tooth. I say finally because he has been wanting one to be loose for so long that I can't really remember a time when he wasn't asking me if this tooth, or that, was loose. He couldn't be more happy. I think the only way my mom got him to go to school today was telling him he would miss out on telling Mrs. Smoot about his new baby sister and new loose tooth. They are totally on the same level of importance in his 5 year old mind. Ah, to be 5 again, when little things make you so happy. Sigh.
Well, I'm sure I've got something to do around my house... maybe try to track down hangers to hang ALL the beautiful clothes Tabitha got at her baby shower on Saturday. She was totally spoiled. Thanks again to all of you who made it. I am so blessed. I'll post on the baby shower later.
Which brings me to our next big news event for the week. Daxton FINALLY has a loose tooth. I say finally because he has been wanting one to be loose for so long that I can't really remember a time when he wasn't asking me if this tooth, or that, was loose. He couldn't be more happy. I think the only way my mom got him to go to school today was telling him he would miss out on telling Mrs. Smoot about his new baby sister and new loose tooth. They are totally on the same level of importance in his 5 year old mind. Ah, to be 5 again, when little things make you so happy. Sigh.
Well, I'm sure I've got something to do around my house... maybe try to track down hangers to hang ALL the beautiful clothes Tabitha got at her baby shower on Saturday. She was totally spoiled. Thanks again to all of you who made it. I am so blessed. I'll post on the baby shower later.
16 comments:
Congrats Mandy - Your first girl! She's darling. I can't wait to see her with all her cute new clothes on! A girl can never have too much pink! I'm glad you are both doing well, and let me know if you need a break for a few hours - I'd be happy to let your boys come play.
Oh she is so pretty. What memories this brings back, I love new babies, there is just nothing better. I think I could sit and hold new babies for hours... Please let me know if you need anything.
Mandy, She is GORGEOUS!! She totally belongs to your family! You can tell from the start. I love the reference to how she looks like your dad! Classic! I am SO HAPPY for you guys!! I can't wait to keep up on the pictures.
Congrats! What a beautiful little girl. I can't believe I am going to be doing this in 4 months...ahhh! I hope to look as good as you do in the pics. You don't even look like you went through labor.
She is so cute and I can't wait to give her a squeeze!! I'll come to visit next week when you've gotten a little (?) more rest.
Manda,
I'm sooo happy she's here. I can't wait to meet her and snuggle with her and spoil her some more! Love you guys.
Oh, I love her! It's so fun to see her with a big blingy bow on in the hospital. It's a foreshadow of what lies ahead of this beautiful child. Lots of girly stuff! The boys looks very amazed at the thought of her. You are so on the ball, I can't even get Christmas blogged!
GORGEOUS!!!! How fun are the pink bows in her hair, this is going to make me baby hungry and then I'll have ANOTHER boy and love him to pieces, but still not be able to play "dress up" :) She's beautiful, and a perfect round face, and sweet pouty little lips. Here's to SOME sleep coming your way, I HOPE!!!!
She's soooo precious. Wow, she does look like Grady. I know it's hard to tell though, she'll look completely different in a few weeks. Can't wait to see her all dressed up w/bows and all. Congratulations....you're so lucky!
-Jennie N.
Love the daddy/daughter picture. Thanks for getting some pictures up for us. Get ready for a crazy "girl" ride. Congradulations again!
She is so beautiful! I think she looks alot like Grady in that first picture (of course a very feminine and pretty version :) I'll give you a call next week so that your boys can come over and play, I'm sure you could use a little break. I can't wait to see her, hold her and get my baby fix!
YOU ARE SO LUCKY! She is beautiful like we knew she'd be. It couldn't be better for her, having 2 adorable protective brothers watching over her. And how fun for you! Again, I'm not jealous at all :) p.s. I loved her room, the molding & the bedding & the curtains~~ so cute!! I bet you had a blast doing a girly room.
Mandy she is beautiful. Congratulations. You will just love having a little girl. But watch out, Brandon will claim her as a "daddy's girl" =)
Love the pics. I love how siblings just want to touch all of their toes and poke their ears and eyes and kiss kiss kiss them.
Sweet that you think she looks like your dad. I thought Lexi looked like some kind of small vermin the first day she was alive. Darren was like, "isn't she beautiful?" and I just smiled and didn't say anything.
Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! Mandy, you look great! And, she is adorable!!!
I'm so happy for you! You'll have so much fun! Don't worry, the drama doesn't start till much later!:) She's so pretty and love her bows.
Post a Comment