Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Fun!

What a day it was. It started super early for the boys and I since I had signed up to can applesauce at the cannery. I dropped Daxton at his friends house who he could get on the bus with, and dropped Grady off at the Bradley's. I spent the next 4 hours either in traffic or cutting rotten parts off of apples (good thing I'm past that nauseous part of pregnancy). I left canning early to get to Grady's joy school halloween program. They got in their costumes, then sang some spooky songs for the mom's, and then we all ate cookies.






Grady was very excited when I told him that we had to rush home to get ready for another halloween party. My friend Jamie and I decided that since the Chandler School district wouldn't allow our kids to celebrate halloween at school then we would have a halloween party of our own. We invited some families in our neighborhood that have smaller kids. We assigned out games and food so it wasn't us doing all the work. It turned out to be really fun. My activity was making Frankenstein heads out of jello cups.

Making Frankenstein heads.

Grady is sporting the vampire teeth he won in a game.


Kids and mom's riding in the trailer.
Daxton on the hayride.


The kids also played pin the tail on the cat and had their faces painted. Jamie's husband Jason came home from work a little early so he could take the kids on a hay ride (minus the hay). It was a great party, but there was no time to rest... we had to get dinner before it was trick-or-treating time.

The boys and I made Mummy pizzas for dinner. It was so easy and fun. See how much they loved them!

It was a major rush to get the boys out the door to trick-or-treat. Brandon got home late and by the time he arrived there was no time for pre-trick-or-treating pictures. They both looked adorable in their costumes as they walked down the street with their dad in tow.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

The boys looked like they had so much fun. I love the scoooby doo 20 lbs. head that grady had. They looked so cute.

Shanen said...

What a fun day you all had over there. And congratulations about the official news. I can't wait until you post your pictures of her soon to be bedroom.

foreveryoung said...

Can you handle applesauce twice in one week?? Poor Mandy...hopefully there won't be rotten pieces of apple to dig out this time! What a fun/busy Halloween!

Kristin said...

What a fun idea for dinner on Halloween! I'm so happy for you that you will have a little girl to play with. Her name is awesome I love the spelling too! She is going to be so cute! By the way you look really cute too with your little belly...

Niederfam said...

Fun halloween BUSY busy day!!!!