That's how I felt about going to the ward campout, but it turned out to be pretty fun. The boys had a really great time. Daxton has adopted a woman in our ward named Janie as his second mom/grandma. Janie has something like 7 boys of her own, but the youngest is 12, so she likes to hang out with my boys. I certainly can't complain about having another loving mother watching over my boys while we're camping. Janie took Daxton all over the area... to some waterfalls, and to the "river". She helped Daxton find a walking stick that he insisted on bringing home with him. Grady ran around with his friend Austin most of the time.
We roasted hot dogs for dinner and then Brandon made us some super yummy cherry cobbler in the dutch oven. During the fireside Grady was falling asleep in his chair and kept asking to go to bed. We finally took pity on him and loaded him in his sleeping bag under three blankets. Daxton stayed up a little longer, but he also started asking for his bed. I had warned the boys about snakes on the way up and it turned out to be a bad idea. Daxton was so scared of the snakes that he wanted one of us to stay in the tent with him to make sure no snakes came in.
It was a VERY cold night. Grady kept waking up crying for no apparent reason and Daxton kept waking up because he couldn't find his pillow. Nobody ever gets a GREAT night's sleep when they go camping, so WHY do we go? I have no idea.
I took a picture of my camping shoes for you. I had to chuckle at myself when I was putting them on to go camping. I've had these shoes for at least 11 years. DO YOU SEE HOW NEW THEY LOOK? I bought them in high school and they still look and feel brand new. THAT is how often I go camping.
8 comments:
So cute pictures. Grady had the right idea in his sleeping bag! I wish I would have done that! It was freezing! Did you get my email about the boutique my jewelry is in tomorrow & Saturday? I'll bet they're going to have the cutest girls clothes there for little Tabitha!
What a trooper you are. I took a rain check this ward campout because of Claire. What will my excuse be next year? It actually looks like a lot of fun and will be something your boys will remember for a long time.
We had the hardest time deciding whether to go or not. The kids would have a blast but the cold night scared me too much. I'm glad you guys had fun, but hearing about your night makes me kinda glad we skipped out! Hopefully next year they'll do it during the summer. I love Grady's little cocoon...
I hear you!!! ugh....camping, my camping gear is about as old as yours and looks almost as new too!! I guess we do it for the boys we love, right??? GOod thing you are FINALLY getting that little GIRL.....you can stay home and play quilts!!! :)
You are a trooper!! We go camping for the GREAT pictures of the BOYS!!! How fun, I'm sorry that we missed it...Well maybe not too sorry, we were in the beach in Cali that weekend:) Have a great weekend!
You are a brave woman. We usually go also, but I wasn't feeling it this time. Sometimes it is just more work than you want to deal with. My Kruzie is at one of those "working" ages. Maybe next year. Good for you guys to go.
The last time we went camping we left our tent up and hightailed it home from the Ward campout at 7am. Yep, after spending the entire night by the campfire with two crying kids (babies, really). It was so COLD!! It does look like fun though. Your pregnant, too. Amazing!:)
Hey, saw your name under Michell's blog and had to look at yours. It is so Sweet. Congratulations on your new baby, I had no idea. Your boys are so so adorable. I hope all is great for you this season. Summer Elmer
www.elmerfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment