Mommy Rohner's Journal. To remember all the things that I'll forget if I don't write them down.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Liz Lemon Swindle Fan
Just starting this post makes me get emotional. I LOVE Liz Lemon Swindle. I am so grateful that she has taken the precious years of her life to share her AMAZING talent of painting Our Savior and our Prophet Joseph. I can't even begin to tell you how much her art uplifts me. I can look at a painting of hers that has Christ as the subject and all I feel is, "Yes, he is my friend and my brother." Her paintings of Joseph Smith make him real. When you look at her Joseph series you truly get a sense of the immense blessings in his life, along with the many sacrifices he and Emma made in service to their God. Thank you, thank you Sister Swindle for bringing such understanding and beauty to two powerful subjects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Thanks for sharing that Mandy, those pictures are beautiful.
Another thing we have in common! I bought the children with Christ picture the year it came out at Womens conference and every year I buy a different one. This year I went to buy one for my daughter for her wedding and it was a slow time for her so I got to set and visit with her for about 30 min. It was definately a highlight. We started talking about J.S. and I told her that when the new J.S. video came out all kinds of people were calling us saying he looked so much like Bill, and she wanted me to send pictures of Bill, but she works off from video and he is way too short so I never sent them. Crazy huh? Her kids were there helping too, it was so cool.
I've never seen those pictures before, but you've got me hooked! They're beautiful, I love the one with Christ and the children.
Agreed......so have you heard the nashville tribute to the prophet Joseph Cd???? And or the new one Trek, about the pioneers....recommend them!!!!
You're so great!
See you love the pictures, I love her name.
What a cool name Liz Lemon Swindle.
I'm going to be Michelle Mango Breezy!
Im Von Velum Spindle
Alright I'll play along.
I'll be Mandy Melon Spindle
Post a Comment