Brandon's mom held her annual Oktoberfest last night. It is always SO fun to get together and celebrate fall. It's kind of like celebrating that the oppressive heat of the summer is finally over. We ate Brats in rolls (German style), salads, french onion soup, chicken wild rice soup, tortellini soup, and ham and bean soup. Such yummy food! Oh, there were even donuts for dessert.
The costumes were optional, but we decided to dress up. Since Daxton is Shaggy, and Grady is Scooby-Doo... Brandon became Fred and I was Velma (kind of). Daxton's Shaggy wig makes us laugh every time he puts it on, but it itches him so it never stays on very long.
There was a treasure hunt for the kids and roasting marshmallows for smores. We left a little early so our boys could get some MUCH needed sleep. Grady is missing naps since there have been workers in our house this week. Our entry and master bedroom ceilings are being re-drywalled. Talk about a mess. More on that in the next post.
6 comments:
I love it, what a fun idea. Cute family....
You guys look awesome! I think it is so fun that you all dressed up! I am still trying to talk Glenn into that!
Your boys look great in their costumes and you don't look half bad as Velma either!! I love Halloween in Arizona, no coats over costumes.
What a cute Grandma! I want to be like that. You made a nice Vilma. Couldn't you have died your hair, come on? I love that your pregnant belly is starting to show a little. I can't wait to see this Rohner girl.
So stinkin cute. You guys are such a cute family, and you make a great velma.
I LOVE the Scooby-doo fam! So cute and creative! What a fun "Nana", you are so lucky to have family close to party with!
Post a Comment