Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Renovating already?

Our entry before the plastic.


It's hard to take a picture of drywall flaws, but this is the yucky ceiling before.

We have been staring at our unprofessionally drywalled ceilings for the last 14 months and FINALLY they are getting fixed. It is a major hassle and I feel like I can't even move freely around my own home, but I'm so glad it's getting done. We had to move almost everything out of the playroom, our master bedroom, and the entry, which makes the rest of the house pretty crowded.
The workers came early Monday morning with rolls of plastic and started to cover every square inch of wall space. They stayed until late afternoon and then showed up again early this morning. I think this is to be the routine through Friday. The painters will be here on Monday and I think it will take them 2 or 3 days to finish their job.
I'm not getting all the beauty sleep that I need because I have to wake up and shower before they even get here. So much for MY fall break.


The view down the hallway from my office to the master bedroom.


The view across the stair railing to the playroom.


Down into the entry.


The master bedroom.

8 comments:

Niederfam said...

Let the FUN begin, it's so nice, when it's OVER..............GOOD LUCK......I can't wait to see the final product.

Kristin said...

Oh I am so sorry that you have that mess on your hands! I'm sure you will love it when it is done!

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness, that is NO fun! I'm glad you are getting it just how you want it though! Maybe I need your "expert eye" to come inspect our ceilings too!

Oh, and Daxton was so cute yesterday when he was telling me about the family costumes, he said, "I'm Shaggy, but I dont really like to be Shaggy, he's kinda boring!" He makes a dang cute one though!

Anonymous said...

I still dont understand what you are doing, but impressed with your motivation as I cant even get ONE room painted - HELP - motivate me.

BTW, have you forgiven me from having diarea of the mouth - I couldnt shut up - but enjoyed our night with you guys

Michelle Bradley said...

what the heck? you've been busy?

Michael and Brinn said...

Just not good enough ehh? Just kidding. YOu are a real trooper for going through this mess once again. I guess you kind of grew up with projects and updates, so you're used to it. I love your house.

Cindy said...

Mandy, that looks crazy!! That is so hard to have a mess like that!! Your quilts look beautiful though! You are sooo talented! Have a great weekend! Cindy

foreveryoung said...

uggg. You are bringing back some very unpleasant memories...I have almost the same pictures on my blog from last year, no fun! I'm sure your boys are having a blast trying to climb on the scaffolding and slide down the stairs on the plastic sheeting like mine did. It will be nice when it's all done, but what a "fun" fall break for you!