Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Playhouse Disney Live



The boys and I are enjoying our "fall break". It started last week and Daxton doesn't go back to school until next Tuesday or Wednesday (it's on the calendar, so I'll check it sometime before then). Their Grandma came in town for the first couple days of the break. We did all the fun stuff we usually do like Cracker Barrel for breakfast, Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and shopping at the Arizona Mills. This time we also went to see Playhouse Disney Live. It was a really short show, but we all had fun, and Disney made a fair amount of money off of us. Come on though- $8 for a souvenir cup with flavored snow in it?
When I went out to get treats for the boys I went to the snack bar that had a BIG sign saying they had popcorn. I got up to the counter and asked for a popcorn. The lady says to me in a kind of rude tone, "hon, you've got to buy the popcorn from Disney". Like I was just supposed to know that. Where the heck do I get Disney popcorn? I had to go to the souvenir stand to get it... you know the one where the line is super long because they aren't just selling souvenirs, but also the dang popcorn?
Ya gotta love Disney for all the entertainment they provide our children, but their monopoly is getting a little ridiculous.

Daxton with his blue snowcone lips... and freaky eyes.


I have no idea what he's doing.

2 comments:

Michael and Brinn said...

How fun. I can't get over how much Grady reminds me of your dad some how.

foreveryoung said...

I didn't know they were in town, what a fun show! Oh, and I think Daxton's doing the "brain freeze" pose from the snow cone in that last picture :)