

Last week was what we call Birthday Week at our house. Brandon's birthday is on the 2nd, and mine on the 4th, so we usually do something on both our birthdays, and a family thing on the 3rd. This year we had a neighborhood game night on the 3rd, so the family party came on the 5th. Needless to say, it was a hectic week.
I successfully pulled off the first of two birthday surprises for Brandon. You see, it was his 30th birthday, so I had to do something big and memorable. As you can see, I decided renting him a corvette for the day was a good way to make him feel young again. He got to pick it up the morning of his birthday and drive it for work all day ( he does a lot of driving during his work day). He had a really great day. I heard him tell someone last night that the Corvette wasn't on the list of cars he'd buy, until he drove one for a day. He loved the power. He picked me up for a nice steak dinner at a place called "The Keg". He did "punch it" (his words not mine) at every stop light, and I'm sure the other drivers were a little bit annoyed. We stopped at a wal-mart to buy a bunch of household supplies for Brandon's bachelor brother Kayson, who just bought a new house and has NOTHING. We didn't think things through and ended up buying some big stuff, including a garbage can. As we were walking out to the car I realized we had a trunk just big enough to fit Brandon's golf clubs (which were already in the trunk!). Somehow we managed to put the golf bag inside the garbage can and squish the rest of the stuff around it. It was funny- you could tell we were sports car "rookies".
Brandon said that during his ride with Daxton, Daxton giggled like a little school girl every time the car accellerated. During Grady's ride, Brandon reported that he kept saying "I'm falling dad" when they would turn a corner.
Brandon got up extra early the next morning to drive the car a little more before it had to be returned. We don't live real close to our neighborhood's exit, but I was in bed and I heard him "punch it" as he left the neighborhood. It was a fun gift that added a little excitement to our regular suburban lives. I highly recommend it for anyone whose husband's have a 30th coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment