Sunday, July 29, 2012

My buddy

Daxton has become my little buddy with all of my exercising activities. I talked him into running in the Thanksgiving Point 1K Fun Run. I did the 5K and then cheered him on while he ran the kids race. I was so proud of him as I watched him sprint to the finish line. He got a great time and got 3rd in his age group. He even got a trophy! I'm so glad because I plan on dragging him along to more races and hopefully he will be more motivated to go.

One of my very most favorite activities is hiking with Daxton.  We have this really great hike behind our house and it's a great workout!  We leave our house early with our snacks and water, and we just climb until Daxton says he is tired or his feet hurt or he's hungry, etc.  He really doesn't complain, but he is usually finished before I am.  What I love most about our hikes is that he and I don't have anything to argue about, so we just talk and laugh and enjoy each other's company.  I love him!


Looking behind us...



He always tries to re-find his same walking stick.

The view from my favorite spot on the hike.  Sometimes the sun hits the other side of the lake just right and it is BEAUTIFUL!


1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Ahahaha! Thanks for the shout out ;) You know I loved seeing updates and what a handsome little exercise buddy you have. This growing up thing our kids are doing isn't all that bad, is it?