It has sure been a change to bring a dog into our house. We ended up hiring a trainer for him about 6 weeks ago so he could get potty trained. Things are much better, but he still has an accident every now and then. Fortunately, he is really cute. Now that the newness has worn off the kids do whine when I ask them to take him out, or do pretty much anything with him. But, he is a fun addition to the family most of the time and he makes us laugh with his crazy puppy running around. I have never seen such a tiny ball of fur run so fast and wild. Diesel is about 6 months old now and he weighs about 3 lbs. We don't really know how big he'll get, but I think he's a great size now, so I hope he is done growing.
Mommy Rohner's Journal. To remember all the things that I'll forget if I don't write them down.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Diesel Flynn Rohner
It's true. We got a puppy. I honestly never thought it would happen. For some reason I decided that the kids might be ready and if we were ever going to get a dog it was going to be on MY terms. I needed a face I could love ALWAYS, even if he chewed up my couch. So, I started my search and found these adorable Shorkie puppies. That's a half Yorkie, half Shih tzu. I picked out little Diesel because I just loved his big eyes and his ears. I paid my deposit and told his owner that I would be back in a couple of weeks to get him. We kept it a secret from the kids, but just before Valentine's Day we took them for a "special surprise." I have a great video of them seeing Diesel and realizing we are taking him home, but it won't load, so you all will just have to use your imagination. So, without further ado, introducing Diesel Flynn Rohner:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment