This picture was actually taken in May when his class had their "Summer Birthday Celebration." They celebrate lots of birthdays at once so the class isn't interrupted all the time for everyone's birthday treats. Grady wanted to bring Tootsie Pops to his class. That was easy enough and different from all the other kids who brought donuts and cupcakes.
The weekend before his birthday we had a combined party at my mom's house for both Grady and Andrea.
Grady got a bike helmet from Grandma. Reference the bike wreck a few months ago...
He also got a Nintendo DS game from Jessie and Steve, which I think was the only small present that got a smile. Brandon and I gave him 4 different games... Sleeping Queens, Chomp, a "Capitals of the US" game, and one that I can't remember right now.
We took him outside to find Grandma's next present. She got him a new bike. Again, reference the bike wreck from a few months ago. His old bike was too small and didn't have the hand brakes he was ready for.
He liked it.
On Grady's actual birthday I checked him and Daxton out of school (it was the 2nd to last day anyway) and we went to a movie downtown. I can't remember which movie it was because I waited so long to blog about it. But, we saw a movie and it was fun. Then we walked over to the Costa Vida and had us some tacos and quesadillas. Nana, the twins, Britney and Mason, and the Balzotti's, along with Grandma Griesemer all joined us. After dinner we drove home for cake and presents. I let Grady invite his good friend Carson over for this part (it is not his year for a friend party). Grady's birthday dessert request was a Super Mario cake.
Nana and the twins got him a lego set. The Balzotti's got him a tin-can robot kit and Brandon and I got him a Wii game- Super Mario Galaxy.
This is Grady and his friend Carson. Carson is missing a tooth. Grady is still holding on tightly to his two front baby teeth. At this point I think he'll have them forever.
Here is Grady's Birthday interview:
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite thing to do: Go to Disneyland
Favorite toy: Wii
Favorite Restaurant: McDonalds
What you want to do when you grow up: famous soccer player
Where do you want to go on your mission: Ecuador or Arizona
How old is mom?: 25 (yep! a girl can dream)
Favorite book: Chronicles of Narnia
Favorite movie: Chronicles of Narnia
Least Favorite Food:Nothing
Best Friend-Carson
Favorite Show: Veggie Tales
Some changes I've noticed in Grady this year: It's been a really tough year with Grady. We thought it was just the move and all the changes going on around him, but it might be a phase he's going through. Grady is FULL of personality and he is a tease. He loves to just follow Tabitha around with a mean face and watch her react. He also gets angry really easily, and can throw a tantrum at the drop of a hat. He's been EXTREMELY disobedient and doesn't listen to threats of taking privileges away until you actually take something away... then it's like a war zone around here. It actually makes it really hard for Brandon and I to stay consistent with him. Who wants to deal with the kicking and screaming, right? On the flip side, he loves to cuddle when he's in a good mood, and he can be really helpful and loving toward his siblings (if he wants to be). He often helps Hyatt at dinner because they sit next to each other. He'll help push in Hyatt's chair, or get him more food, etc. Grady loves to help cook dinner. He is also usually willing to work for an incentive (unlike Daxton who usually just feels like he deserves whatever he wants). Grady will work hard and focus on something if he knows he'll get a reward at the end. He is a pretty focused little kid, when he wants to be. He played soccer this spring, with his dad as the coach. It's a pretty cheesy league they have here, but Grady had fun anyway. He also took "Let's Play Music" this last school year. I would post the video of his final recital, but Brandon took it with his phone, so I don't know how to transfer it. That's OK though, it was mostly Grady just standing there with his angry face on. He wouldn't do his part or anything. He is, however, looking forward to taking it again next year because they finally start using keyboards. We are probably going to sign him up for karate soon too because he needs a place to get out his aggression and learn some discipline.
We sure love our Grady, but he can be a challenge. He is teaching me patience. I do cherish how loving he is in the mornings and how he often helps the littles get breakfast. He's an amazing kid who will do something big with his life. He will be successful and faithful. I don't worry about how he'll turn out at all. I know he'll be great! Can't wait to see how this next year goes!
1 comment:
oh man, can you please move back? I need to order one of those mario cakes for brayden and a lego cake for kosty. your kids are so lucky!
Post a Comment