Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Check!

That's right, I can check one more thing off my bucket list.  I ran my first 10K on Friday night.  Here's my stats, copied and pasted from the stat website. 

Amanda ROHNER

Legacy Midnight Run

06/15/11

Racer Number: 1071
Gender: F
Age: 32
Representing: SARATOGA SPRINGS UT UNITED STATES
Chip Time Information
Actual Start Time: 00:00:00.000
Stop Time: 00:06:59.416
Chip Time: 01:05:25.4
Gun Time Information
Assigned Start Time: 23:01:34.000
Stop Time: 00:06:59.416
Gun Time: 01:05:25.4

Final Time: 01:05:25.4

Race Distance: 10k
Overall Placing
Place: 164
Time Back: 00:29:39.800
Gender Placing
Place: 107
Time Back: 00:20:30.000
Division Placing
10k Female 30-34 Place: 30

00:16:10.900

Here I am before the race:



Here I am at the very beginning of the race... waiting to break free from the pack.  We can thank Brandon for the stunning photography.
 

This is me after I crossed the finish line and Brandon says, "MANDY!"  I turn my head, and he snaps a picture.  Lovely.


It was actually a really fun experience for me.  The race started at 11pm and there was lots of glow necklaces and bracelets.  The atmosphere was exciting and fun.  The weather was perfect, the adrenaline was pumping, and I enjoyed the whole race.  This race was up in Farmington, so we planned on sleeping at my mom's house.  Unfortunately, I forgot both my GPS watch, and my ipod.  So, I had no music to distract me, and no idea how far I had run.  Normally that would drive me crazy, but for my first 10K, it was kind of nice to just relax and enjoy the run and scenery.

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Congratulations! You amaze me the way you set your mind on something and don't stop until you achieve your goal. And happy b-day to Grady, I hope your kids know how lucky they are to have pretty much the best b-day cakes EVER.

Chelsea said...

awesome!

Jessie said...

You did great and it was fun seeing you there!