Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Time has Come...

With our move to Utah, the time seemed right to get Daxton started with a competitive soccer team.  It also worked out that his new best friend was on one, and his dad was the coach... and both of them are in our ward.  So, Daxton did a mini try-out to and got on the team mid-season.  He is now a member of the Utah County Rage.  Well, I guess he WAS a member.  Their season is now over and they didn't make it into the playoffs : (.  Tryouts have already started for next season, so we'll see what happens.

Soccer is really different in Utah.  It is COLD.  The season took a break for the snow, but as soon as the snow melted the season started back up again.  That doesn't mean it was warm, it just means the snow was gone.  It doesn't even mean they didn't play in the snow.  There were plenty of games that were played while it was raining, snowing, and FREEZING.  I am pretty sure I've never been so cold in my whole life while watching those games.  Daxton was not impressed with soccer in Utah.  He was ready to quit.  The boy has only known sun and sweating and HOT while playing soccer.  I think he's gotten used to it though and he loves the game again.  Here's a few pictures I took during a warm-up.  By the time the game started it was too cold to take my hands out of my pockets for more pictures.



No comments: