The party started with lots of water and the waterslide for the kids and the big boys. Then there was cake, and present opening, and a big surprise for Grady!
Grady's big surprise... Hamsters! The boys periodically beg for a pet and I always tell them no. However, Grady was having a birthday and we were running low on cash. I knew that a pet would make his whole year. So, we found some free hamsters on Craigslist, got him a cage and accessories (courtesy of Jessie and Steve). We got two baby dwarf hamsters that look almost exactly alike. I kind of thought we would leave it up to Grady as to whether or not he gave one to Daxton. When they ran into the room with the hamster cage and realized what they were, Grady was so excited! He ran over to the cage, saw that there were two, and said, "Daxton! One for me and one for you!" I guess that settled that.
No comments:
Post a Comment