Tuesday, May 18, 2010

She's a Girl!


So, when we found out we were having a girl, so many people told us to get ready for a roller coaster of emotions. Well, as far as we could tell, Tabitha has only been as emotional as the boys ever were. Until yesterday...
We were sitting at dinner and I told Tabitha not to do something (it was so insignificant, I can't even remember what it was). Next thing I know, the saddest, squinty-eyed, pouty-lipped face appeared and huge alligator tears start flowing. She was sobbing. Brandon and the boys and I busted up laughing. It was so funny how much she was overreacting. She sits next to me at the table, so I leaned over and gave her a little side hug and told her I was sorry. She calmed down immediately and continued to happily eat her dinner.
About 20 seconds later, Grady said, "No, Tabitha!" Just because he wanted to, not because she was doing something wrong. Same reaction. I thought to myself, "so this is what everyone was talking about!", but I was loving it. It was actually amusing and cute to see her be such a girl!
I really do thank my Heavenly Father ever day for giving me a girl. I absolutely adore her.

3 comments:

Rae said...

She is a cutie! Those girls do add a little drama to the fam, don't they? Your kids are all amazing, though. I love what a great family you and Brandon have - keep up the good work.

Chelsea said...

yes, she is a keeper.

Steve, Jessica, Matilda and August said...

Yay! Now she's vicious and emotional. I LOVE it. I hope she, Piper and Tildy get to spend a lot of time together. I think they are going to need each other!