Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Daxton gets Baptized


On Saturday, May 8th, 2010, my amazing husband baptized my first born. It was as special as I always dreamed it would be.
My friend Jamie has a daughter, named Kylie, that shares a birthday with Daxton and since they are friends, we did their baptism together. It was so nice to have someone to share responsibilties with.
My mom flew in for the big day and most of Brandon's family was there. Kayson got the time wrong, and missed it. : (
Here's the program:

I forgot to put the confirmations on there, but they were confirmed that day as well.
Grady and Jayden did a GREAT job singing "When I am Baptized".
Daxton wrote in his journal (that Kylie gave him as a gift) the next day that when he came out of the water he felt so clean he "almost passed out". : )


Jamie and I planned a little luncheon for afterwards. We had a CTR theme. We ate sub sandwiches, potato salad, spinach salad, and cupcakes. Jamie sent me all these pictures because I was too busy enjoying myself to take any. We made 80 cupcakes and had them in a cupcake tree, but sadly, we both failed to get a picture of them all.



After the luncheon, we went out front for some photo ops. Here's the cleanest members of the ward:
Here's the family:
Here's the rest of the family. Several people who were there aren't pictured. They had left earlier.
Some friends that attended: The Yorgason Family, Michelle & Brooklyn Bradley, The Chris Anderson Family, The Pickles Family, The Herrera Family, Bishop Golightly, Darren Stewart, Nick and Lisa (neighbors), Matt and Julie Martinez, Renae Steere with Kalissa and Tate, Michelle Yost, and The Youngs, of course. There's probably some that I've forgotten.

Daxton had heard that when you get baptized, there are usually some presents that come with it. He had been begging my mom for 3 days to open his gift, so she finally gave in earlier that morning. She gave him scriptures and a scripture marker. Jessie got him a new CTR ring, and Nana and Grandpa got him a Hymn book. He takes his scriptures, journal, hymn book, and scripture marker to church every Sunday now and he looks so official!


Um, is it just me, or does he already look like a missionary? (sigh)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

No it's not just you. He really does. I'm sighing over here too.

Niederfam said...

it looks like a perfect day!!!!