This year we got our act together in time to make it to the Easter pageant at the Mesa Temple before spring break was over. That means we didn't have to keep the boys out late on a school night. This year was especially significant for Brandon and I because it was 10 years ago that we had our first date at the Easter pageant. It also turned out to be a great night to attend because Brandon's mission president was in the audience. We tracked him down afterward and he got to meet the whole family. It made Brandon's day. I made an attempt to get some pictures of Uncles Kayson and Austin, who were Angels in the show this year, but taking pictures and sharing my lap with Tabitha are not a good combination.
The outfits I bought for the boys didn't arrive before the Sunday before Easter. That's when we planned to dress the kids up for church because General Conference was on Easter Sunday this year. Tabitha had her dress months ago : ), so she wore it. Here's the pictures of them on the Fake Easter Sunday... complete with a Diva Tantrum.
We dyed eggs on Friday. The kids were out of school for Good Friday, which strikes me as odd. Have they always gotten Good Friday off? I don't remember that ever happening before. Anywho, it meant there was plenty of time to get the Easter festivities underway. Here's the children... all 5 of them... coloring eggs.
Then there was the Real Easter Sunday. It was craziness to smash the traditional Rohner Family General Conference together with the Rohner Family Easter Sunday. Sunday started with finding the hidden baskets. Tabs found hers first and she was so thrilled with what was in it that I couldn't get a good picture.
She got two new necklaces and they were the first thing she grabbed and she was a swingin' them around yelling, "neckace, neckace". It was cute, of course.
Daxton found his next and tried to put on a happy face at first. Here's a picture of him trying not to cry:
Well, the EB wrote Daxton a very kind note, explaining that he didn't have time to get the RC Helicopter, but if he asked earlier next year, the EB would do his best. Daxton read the note and was tear free just long enough for me to snap this picture. Then the arms crossed, the tears flowed, and the yelling started. It was all MY fault because I didn't know where the EB lives. He TOLD me the EB wouldn't get it in time.
I was DONE with the ingratitude. I sent him to his room to cool down, and put his basket up on a shelf. If he didn't want what he got, then he didn't get it. HUGE SIGH...
Meanwhile... Grady searched high and low for his basket, but not high enough. I took him awhile before he found it, and when he did, he said, "Mom, the EB went to Dollar Tree!". Yes Grady, yes she did.
With the baskets found, we quickly whipped up a breakfast of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, bacon, sausage, and milk. It was time for all the Rohners to come for Conference breakfast. We watched the morning session together. Most of the family left after that, but a few of the Uncles, and Tawsi, stayed to play for a bit. When the afternoon session started, we were busily cooking the amazing scalloped potatoes that we made for Christmas dinner, and strawberry panna cotta for dessert. Daxton helped us in the kitchen while Grady and Tabs and Hyatt took much needed naps. We had told Daxton he could take a nap or watch the afternoon session without a single word leaving his lips. Well, he didn't want the nap, of course, but couldn't sit still long enough to watch 2 hours of talks and singing : ). He asked if he could help us cook, because he "wants to do nice things to get ready for his baptism". It made me smile enough that I let him help instead of watching. I truly wish that two minutes after we were done, he hadn't thrown a tantrum when I told him he couldn't have a treat. "But I helped you do all that cooking, and I GET NOTHING?" BIG SIGH... I truly love the boy, and he's SO sweet when he chooses to be, but it seems like every time I tell him something he doesn't want to hear, I get crossed arms and tears.
We went to Nana's for the Egg Hunt and dinner. The egg hunt is always a treat, and this time was no exception. Here's some pics:
This is Tabitha after she fell down and bounced back up. "K," she said. As in, I'm OK Mom.
Here she is after she found her special egg from Nana.
Brandon's Grandma watching the kids hunt.
Dayton came into town for all the festivities... and a friend's wedding.
Grady found the extra-special, one-of-a-kind egg that Tawsi made.
Problem was, he had to carry it around, and it kinda hindered his hunting.
But he reaped the rewards when it was time to bust it open. It contained a couple of candy bars, fig newtons, and crackers. Grady was so nice, and he gave both Daxton and Mason one of his special treats.
SUCH Handsome Boys!!
Another holiday meal outdoors. Here's Rachelle setting the table.
We are so blessed to have amazing family around us. It was a fun, family-filled Easter.
1 comment:
You've got beautiful kiddos!
Post a Comment