Saturday, February 13, 2010

The First of Many

I get misty eyed when I think about daddy/daughter dates. I've talked about my own experience with them on my blog before. There is nothing like the relationship between a father and his girl.
Our primary held a Daddy/Daughter Valentines night and I was thrilled when I heard they were doing it. Then I learned that Tabs had to be 3. Well, I did what any mother of only one girl would do and sent an email to the Primary President asking for an exception. She granted one and I started thinking about buying a super cute Valentine's dress. Well, then I learned that it was casual dress... and then I realized I have no extra income to spend on party dresses. So, off to Old Navy I went and found a V-Day t-shirt for $2.50. LOVE Old Navy! I paired it with some things she already had, and she was smokin'! Her dad did not want to be outdone, so he put on his snazzy red Ferrari shoes and they were off to dance the night away (even if it was just to the Hokey Pokey).


I should mention that the purse was COMPLETELY her idea. Chris and Andrea bought it for her for her birthday and she hasn't put it down since the night she got it. I love that it matched her outfit, but if it had been purple with pink and blue flowers it still would have been in the pictures because she doesn't put it down.

1 comment:

ELMERS ARMY said...

Mandy,

How precious of your family especially the pictures of your sweet baby girl & Brandon for the daddy daughter valentines.