Saturday, February 13, 2010

Recent Cakes

Here's some cakes I've done recently...
A Hogwarts cake for Austin. It was a challenge, but I enjoy a challenge, so it worked out just fine. The castle is made out of royal icing and fondant. The base under the castle is the cake, the dirt is buttercream and the quarry is fondant. Brandon made all the trees. I engineered and constructed that castle and I'm very proud that it all came together without a hitch.



I made this cake for the twins 14th birthday. I really like how it turned out, even for how simple it is. Tawsi is a soccer champ, so it was natural to put her on the cake as such. Talon is a Karate blue-belt who uses a staff. Brandon made the soccer ball : ).


2 comments:

Heidi said...

So fun Mandy. You are good at this.

Trish said...

I love the trees! So nice to have a helper in the kitchen. Shane is... er... not one. ;)