Sunday, December 06, 2009

Blessed



It was an amazing day. We blessed Hyatt last Sunday on November 29th. We decided to do his blessing at home for several reasons, but the main reason is that my family (who were in town for Thanksgiving) had a flight out at Noon and our church doesn't start until 2pm. So, we set up the blessing or 8am. In attendance was Jessie and Steve, Chris and Andrea with their kids, Cole, Brandon's parents, Tyfani and Mike with their kids, Justin and Britney with their kids, Kayson, Dayton, Austin, the Twins, two members of our bishopric, our high councilman (who happens to be Britney's dad), and a partridge in a pear tree. : ) No, just kidding. My MOM! By way of another Thanksgiving miracle, my mom was able to join us from Ecuador via SKYPE for Hyatt's blessing.

The blessing itself was given by Brandon, of course, and he did an amazing job. This was definitely my favorite of my kids blessings. Not because of the blessing Brandon gave. Those were all fabulous. I just LOVED the spirit that was in our home and the peace and calm that could be felt. Jessie was taking care of Tabs for me, so I didn't have that as a distraction. There weren't other babies crying, and we weren't in a room with 300 people. It was nice.

After the blessing, we had a small breakfast of muffins and cinnamon rolls with milk and OJ. There was some racing on the Plasma cars, a Rohner family picture, and a little bit of golf.






We are so blessed to have little Hyatt in our home. He is such a good little guy and doesn't complain any more than he needs to. I am so grateful for my little monsters and I LOVE being their mom. I am grateful for Brandon and his ability to give them priesthood blessings. He is an amazing husband and dad. We are all blessed.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

that is a great picture of you, your hair looks SUPER SHINY!

jealous of the new camera ;)

Niederfam said...

Blessed indeed!!! So sweet, you look FANTASTIC by the way!!! And I LOVE skype, it's so nice!!!!