Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tabitha turns One!


Tabitha turned one on Tuesday. I am truly shocked that it was a year ago that I gave birth to her. She is growing up WAY too fast. She makes me grateful that we are an Eternal Family because I feel like my time on earth here with her will never be enough. She is the happiest, sassiest, cutest, most charming little thing on the planet. I am constantly kissing her soft little neck, first on one side, then on the other. I MUST do this every time I pick her up, which is a whole lot because I can't keep my hands off her warm, squishy body.
Let me tell you about how she has changed our lives this year. Brandon and I fight over who gets to carry her up to bed. We argue over who gets to get her out of bed, while the other one makes the bottle. We both want to hold her during church (I almost always win this one). The boys cannot go to bed without a super slobbery kiss from her. They always want to get their picture taken with her. They are constantly yelling from the other room, "MOM, Tabitha (fill in the blank)!" It could be anything from standing up to saying "Bakugon". Daxton and Grady think she's much more advanced than she is. : )
Tabitha is truly the center of our family. There isn't a single one of us that doesn't adore her. It's like she has a little pink magnet inside of her that just draws us all in with it's sweet girly power.

We threw a big party for Tabs on Tuesday and invited some of her 1 year old friends. It was a GREAT time and so much fun to see so many happy and healthy babies. When I get the pictures I'll post all about the party.
When the party was over, Tabitha was all tuckered out and slept for several hours. We did a birthday dinner at Quiznos and then Birthday Ice Cream at Cold Stone (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the gift cards!). The day was finished off by yummy cupcake pops from Tabitha's friend Trish and her co-birthday girlfriend Mayzie.

I'm stealing this birthday interview from my friend Jamie. I took the liberty of filling it out for Tabitha:

Favorite color: pink and/or yellow (because she looks precious in yellow)
Favorite food: sweet potatoes and peas
Favorite toy: The gross squishy red frog that you squeeze and it's tongue pops out. It's also missing an eye.
Favorite movie: Baby Neptune?
Favorite outfit: I could just eat her up when she wears her little pleated pink, brown, and hot pink plaid skirt with her pink sweater and matching bow. Oh yes, and the tights. Cannot forget precious tights.
Favorite place to go on vacation: Italy : ) or to see the aunts and uncles in Utah.
Favorite thing to do with the family: wrestle
Best friends: There are no "best friends" with Tabitha. She loves everyone and makes friends with anyone.
Favorite song: Any song. If she hears someone singing, she sings right along.
Your biggest wish for this next year: To grow HAIR! (OK, that's mommy's wish, but think of all the new hair clippies!)

Happy Birthday to our beautiful baby girl. We LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Bunch of Brooks' said...

Wow, that went fast!! Tabitha sure is cute. Briar is 5 1/2months old now and will be 1 in no time too! It's crazy how time REALLY does fly. Tell me what you figure out with the cell phones. That's been an issue around here forever. I tell Riley when he's 16 and driving, cause why else would he need one? We'll see though; it does seem like so many parents give them to their kids so early. I just am not ready to open that can of worms yet!! Take care Mandy!

Chelsea said...

Oh how we need our own baby girl with a pink magnet! you are so blessed to have your little girl after your two precious boys. She is so precious, it seems like just yesterday I was reading your "Done. And Done" post...see! I remember the title! Happy Birthday Tabitha!

Nichols Family said...

Happy Birthday Tabitha sweet girl! She looks so cute at church walking around being so precious. I can't wait to see your party pictures...I just know I'm going to be so darn jealous. :)

Niederfam said...

She is just DARLING, we need one of those at are house!!!! Happy Birthday Tabitha!!!

Aut said...

She is growing up way too fast!! She is beautiful!

Alisa Larson said...

Seriously? Seriously? She's one already? Wow - that was REALLY fast!

foreveryoung said...

There really is something special about that girl. She is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. I'm glad she had such a fun party and I can't wait to see the pictures! And I know what little skirt you're talking about because when I saw her wearing it at church it made me want another little girl (and I won't lie, I pictured what it would look like on Maddox).