Monday, December 08, 2008

She Walks!



That's right... my baby is walking. She took her first steps at 10 months and 10 days. She's been standing and balancing on her own for a few weeks and we knew the moment was near. Last Sunday I was on the computer chatting with my mom (through Skype). I wanted to show my mom that Tabitha could stand on her own, so I turned the camera toward her. While she was standing, I thought, "why not try to get her to take those first steps. Wouldn't it be awesome if my mom got to see her FINALLY lift those feet up and take her first steps??" So I got down on the floor and put my hands out for her to grab onto. She grinned at me and then she did it. It was about a step and a half, and she was leaning toward me (or falling toward me, depending on how you look at it), but SHE DID IT! My mom got to see her take her first steps while serving her mission in Ecuador. THAT is pretty cool.
Tabitha knows that she's the greatest thing on the planet because she can do this neat trick. She is frequently seen clapping while she's standing there. She's a pro at getting into a crouch position in the middle of a room, and then up she pops to a full standing position.
During the last week she has taken many spills while we try to get her to walk to us, but she's slowly improving. We're up to about 5 full steps.
I just know that she's dying to run with her brothers and chase them. She's tired of doing it on her knees-- it's too slow.

On another note, I am so sad to see my baby grow up too fast. Why must girls always act older than they are? I am proud of her for walking, but she's so busy now. She doesn't want me to snuggle with her anymore. Tabs has places to go and people to see... no time for mama.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness! she's always been advanced hasn't she?! How cute.

Rob and Jenn said...

How perfect that your mom was able to see it happen! I love how proud and happy Tabitha looks in the pictures. And I agree, it is sad how fast they grow...ready for another??? (Remember you can't be pregnant OR nursing when we take our cruise in 2010!)

Clarissa said...

She is so stinkin cute! We love staring at her in church on Sundays! I was on Renee Holbrook's blog and saw yours on the list so I thought I'd take a look. It's darling, I need a lesson!

harmon family said...

Oh, I love that girl. Even just looking at her picture makes me smile!