We told the boys we were going to go for a hike. They LOVE to go on hikes, so they were very excited. Brandon and I were thinking it was the perfect thing to do, since the weather was finally starting to be bearable. It had been in the 70's or 80's all week, but it just so happened to warm back up to 98 the day we went on our hike. I went to the letterboxing website and printed up a clue in Tempe, since I had to go out there to pay for our Wicked tickets anyway. There was a letterbox hidden on "A" Mountain, right next to ASU, which was awesome. I never go back to Tempe, but it was so fun to drive around and point out places where I lived, ate, and studied to the boys. We showed them where I lived when I met their dad. Very nostalgic.
Anyway, we parked next to the Mill and got Tabs suited up in her custom covered (by me!) Baby Bjorn. We followed the clue and before we knew it, we had found our treasure. We stamped the book, and wrote a message, and then continued to hike a little more.
Daxton decided he needed to go potty, so we just told him to find a bush. He hated that, but he did. Then Grady decided he needed to go. So, there they are, pants around their ankles, peeing on the same bush, when Grady got distracted and turned to look at something. He managed to pee on Daxton's arm and pants. Daxton was NOT amused. I was CRACKING UP! Daxton was really upset that I was laughing, but the image of Grady peeing on Daxton is just FUNNY!
We made a small attempt to find another letterbox by Tempe Town Lake, but we were really short on time, since we had to get to Brandon's parent's house for their Oktoberfest. We just walked by the lake for a little while, and enjoyed being together. It was a great day.
7 comments:
I'm so glad you liked it. It makes for a fun family activity.
I love the Baby Bjorn cover!
I've never heard of that, but I'm sure my kids would love it. I think we'll hold out until the weather drops like 20 degrees, though!
Is that the same as looking for Geo-Cache? We did that with my brother's family one time. The kids had a blast. I love the kids peeing outside. That is the beauty of boys! It's only a problem when they start doing it in the front yard!
I love your blog!
fun! I'll have to check that out...never heard of it.
That is so cool, could you prepare one for my girls, they wont be content with our stinkin scavanger hunts anymore - jk. I love the PEE story - anything to do with pee makes me laugh. ps. Tessa loves Grady
Is that the same as geocaching? Some of my friends in UT are in to that.
I think it's similar to the geo-cache thing.
Post a Comment