Thursday, September 18, 2008

Safety Violation

As I'm rushing into Basha's yesterday, and hustling Grady across the road that passes in front of the store, he says to me, "Mom, that's a safety violation. We didn't cross in the lines." I chuckled. He's been watching a show called Lou and Lou and it's a cartoon about being safe. Who says TV just rots their brains. I'm sure that it would have taken me another couple of years to explain to Grady that you should cross in the crosswalk. Because I allow him to watch television he learned it with out me : ).
This morning he was in the bathtub and I was rushing him to get out so we could get him to pre-school on time. He puts one foot on the ledge of the tub and says, "Mom, that's a safety violation. I could slip and fall." Then he carefully put his foot down on the rug before he climbed out. Now, of course I chuckled again, but I also thought to myself, haven't I been telling him that for years?
I guess that just goes to show that they'll believe anything they hear on tv, but not what comes from their parents.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I love this story! Henry watched Lou and Lou too, so I will have to start using the "safety violation" lingo and maybe it will all sink in faster.

Jennifer Asplund said...

The earlier you learn that TV influences them more than you do, the better! Griffin's still convinced I need that stupid glass ball thing to water our plants because it will make my life SO MUCH EASIER! (The fact that we don't even own a plant to water hasn't crossed his mind.)