Mommy Rohner's Journal. To remember all the things that I'll forget if I don't write them down.
Saturday, August 02, 2008
The Rain
Rain is a BIG deal here. When it rains, we all stand at the window and watch it until it goes away. Last weekend was no exception. It was Saturday evening. We were just sitting down to dinner when it started to sprinkle. Before we knew it there were huge wind gusts and sheets of rain coming down. We were watching out the patio door and I saw the green ties that hold our flowering pear tree snap right off. The wind was blowing so hard that the tree was horizontal to the ground. So, of course I made Brandon go out to re-secure the tree. It looked like it would snap at any moment... and I love that tree. He had just gotten out of the shower, so he was already slightly damp :). He tried to stay somewhat dry with a towel, but it didn't help at all. And the tree almost pulled him over as he tried to tie it back up. Quite the dinner show... but my tree is SAFE!
We are the dorky family that gets in their car after a big storm to go see all the trees that got blown over. There were a ton of them during this storm and I was so happy that mine survived, for the most part. We do have one, that was almost blown over in a storm last year, that re-corrected itself. Unfortunately we had just trimmed it to look good in the position it was in, and now it's really lopsided.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did you drive by our house to see our 2 sad trees lying over? If you'd like, you can still see them in sad piles in front of our house now!
Pam, we'll be right over to gawk at your trees. : )
we weren't so lucky either. Our only tree in the front is now a goner!
We had a storm last week as well that brought with it some serious microburst winds. The next morning as I drove to work, I saw one of our neighbors' HUGE branches on top of and through their van. Crushed. It could always be worse.
Post a Comment