The trip wound down from there. We spent our last couple days in Bologna and just enjoyed being in one place and getting to know the city a little better. Brandon spent some time at the Ferrari Factory, and we all got to go to the Ducati Factory (they're really fast motorcycles, for you normal people out there who don't know)
Mommy Rohner's Journal. To remember all the things that I'll forget if I don't write them down.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Hot and Sticky Adventures In Italy: Last , but certainly not least.
We headed back to Bologna on Friday. We'd heard earlier in the week that there was a big parade planned for Saturday that would go right by our hotel. It's the GAY PRIDE PARADE!!! Tabitha has attended her first and LAST gay pride event. We actually didn't make it a point to attend the parade. It just so happened that we were meeting the family downstairs at the same time it was going by the hotel. We couldn't pass up a chance to scope things out. It was basically just a bunch of big trucks caravaning through the streets with major booming music and lots of gay people. Gay people with their partners, and crazy outfits, and lack of outfits, and sex changes, that is. Oh, and lots of rainbows. Can't forget those.


The, ahem, person on the far left of this picture is Miss Trans Italia 2007. I'm a little sad that a man looks better in that swimsuit than I ever would. I'll just take comfort in the fact that if I had surgery I could look that good in that swimsuit too.

The trip wound down from there. We spent our last couple days in Bologna and just enjoyed being in one place and getting to know the city a little better. Brandon spent some time at the Ferrari Factory, and we all got to go to the Ducati Factory (they're really fast motorcycles, for you normal people out there who don't know)
WHEELS of Parmesan at the grocery store that we frequented. We picked up a small slice of a wheel and can't wait to bust into it soon.
Tabitha with her Aunt Jessie, who says she looks just like a Cabbage Patch Doll. No way. Not even a touch of resemblance. Ha.
The trip wound down from there. We spent our last couple days in Bologna and just enjoyed being in one place and getting to know the city a little better. Brandon spent some time at the Ferrari Factory, and we all got to go to the Ducati Factory (they're really fast motorcycles, for you normal people out there who don't know)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I am so jealous! I'm glad it went well and that you had a fab time! Any chance your mom will adopt me? :-)
a cabage patch doll indeed!!!!
wow! I love seeing the pictures but the thought of traveling non stop like that exhausts me. You are way more of a history buff than I....
Post a Comment