We have a new summer rule around our house that the boys have to get dressed, pick up their room, and make their beds before they can turn the tv on in the morning. When I got out of bed they hadn't done it, so I told them to get in there and get to work. Grady didn't want to (this is nothing new), so sweet Daxton did all of Grady's work for him. Grady was so happy, and Daxton seemed pretty happy to help his brother out. Once the work was done it was off to the kitchen for a birthday breakfast. Grady decided that for his breakfast he wanted to open a new box of cereal. I buy lots of cereal when I find a good sale and keep it in our food storage. So, it's always the best day for the boys when they get to pick a new cereal out of the food storage. Grady's choice was Very Berry Fruity Pebbles. I don't think I've ever been more overwhelmed by the smell of sugar when I opened a box of cereal. But... Grady was happy, so I was too.
We opted to "sluff" (an old school Utah term from the 90's) swimming lessons and go to see TMNT at the movie theater with Aunt Britney and cousins Jack and Mason. That would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to all of you that are naive to the world of sewer dwelling reptiles. I gave Grady the option of getting a kids pack at the movie or going to Chik-a-lay (his term, not mine) for lunch afterward. He chose the kids pack. He loved the movie except he kept talking about how sad it was when the blue turtle and the red turtle got shot (with darts, not bullets).
After the movie we went home for a birthday lunch and then a birthday NAP, just to make sure he was ready for his little family party that night. Well, our big four year old lay in his bed for about 15 minutes before he decided it was too wonderful a day to rest. I didn't have the heart to fight with him about it, so I let him stay awake.
Uncle Kayson had promised the boys the night before that he would bring the Wii over for them to play. They looked forward to it all day and asked me every 5 minutes when he was coming and could we call him to find out if he was on his way.
I spent the afternoon making Batman cupcakes for our dessert with the family. I mean... ALL afternoon. I had piping cramps in my hands from the millions (I'm sure it was that many) of tiny stars I piped onto the funfetti cupcakes (yes, I used a mix... there just wasn't time for gourmet).
When Brandon got home he fired up the grill to start cooking Grady's big birthday dinner. He requested hot dogs with smiley faces (huh?) and Cheetos. Easy enough, but can we say EWW?
After dinner we had the Rohners over for Family Home Evening, Cupcakes, Presents, and Wii playing (what was I thinking not to get pictures of that!). It was a good time.
As Brandon was putting the boys to bed, which he does almost EVERY night because he's a saint and he understands how much I dislike that job, I had to snap this picture of him reading scripture power to the kids. I love my little family.
I love my Grady and I'm so grateful to have him in our home. He's funny, and crazy, and oh so loveable. Happy Birthday to my baby boy!
1 comment:
YES, you really outdid yourself with those Batman cupcakes, they are TOO cute.....:) Looks like one FUN day.
Post a Comment