

I think Mother's Day might be my favorite day of the year. It is the one holiday that I don't have to do any planning, gift buying, wrapping, cooking, or cleaning. This year I truly didn't want the day to end.
We had 8am church, so breakfast in bed was out, but that was alright because I'm not a big breakfast eater anyway. When we got home from church the boys helped Brandon make me a lunch of fruit salad... my suggestion since I'm still on Weight Watchers. The boys had decided the night before that they weren't going to fight all day, and that would be my present from them. They were so good all day long. Tabitha had a grumpy day, but she's getting teeth, so it's understandable.
I got to talk to my mom for at least an hour through SKYPE and it was so wonderful. The boys didn't interrupt us at all, so I was able to really talk to her and find out more about her mission. She was struggling with being away from home on Mother's Day, but what mother wouldn't be.
We usually go to Brandon's parent's house for dinner on Mother's Day, but this year they were at Disneyland, so we stayed home. I can't tell you how nice this was for me, just because it was more relaxed, not because I don't like them. It did mean, however, that Brandon had to cook the whole dinner by himself. He did a wonderful job making me Fajitas and guacamole and mango salsa. It was all so good. For dessert... which I made because I think he was getting a bit overwhelmed... I had Carmel Brownies. I've been thinking about them for weeks, but when you only get 19 points a day and 1 brownie is 4-5 points, they aren't very practical. Needless to say, counting points was kind of out the window for that day. So, for my biggest loser friends, don't expect big numbers from me this week.
The day ended with hugs and kisses from my precious boys, and some snuggling with my baby girl. It was a perfect day, and I can't wait til the next one.
Enjoy the card that Daxton made for me at school.
3 comments:
This is absolutely priceless!! I can't wait to get Mom's day gifts like this! Ps I am in KY with Brinn this week and she got your DARLING burpers today. Seriously, you are so thoughtful!
What a fun day you had. You really have a wonderful family, we both made good choices, and now we get spoiled! I love it! My Mother's day this year started with b-fast in bed. The problem is they made me WAY too much and I couldn't eat it all.
Can't wait to see you in the Fall...I'm counting down already.
i think i read she loves me because i help with dishes???? too cute......what a sweet sweet boy. glad you were able to ENJOY the chat with your mom.
Post a Comment