Quito Ecuador!
It is a proselyting/office mission, and here's the real kicker...
She Leaves March 3rd!
I am going to make an attempt to write down how I feel about this, but it's not going to be easy since I'm feeling very conflicted about it and I'm in some denial.
Let me start by saying that I KNOW this is what my mom wants and I KNOW it is a very honorable thing for her to do with her time. I KNOW she will be a huge asset to this mission because she's so great at anything she puts her mind to. I KNOW she will be happy while she is serving, and I truly want her to be happy. I pray for her happiness every night.
I also KNOW that sending my only remaining parent away will be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. To be honest, I am feeling not very faithful at this moment. I'm struggling with the idea of my kids being unable to spend time with any grandparent from my side of the family. I love the bond that my boys have with my mom, and I'm scared that it will go away because she isn't able to spend time with them.
I wasn't prepared for her to be leaving so soon. I was hoping to spend a week with her in March... one last hurrah before she goes. The timing of her departure is the part I'm in denial about. I'm just not able to picture her leaving in 18 days without us having another visit. I'm not prepared to wait until the summer of 2009 to see her. That is SO far away.
I am trying really hard to be supportive, but the truth is, I am sad.
Let me start by saying that I KNOW this is what my mom wants and I KNOW it is a very honorable thing for her to do with her time. I KNOW she will be a huge asset to this mission because she's so great at anything she puts her mind to. I KNOW she will be happy while she is serving, and I truly want her to be happy. I pray for her happiness every night.
I also KNOW that sending my only remaining parent away will be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. To be honest, I am feeling not very faithful at this moment. I'm struggling with the idea of my kids being unable to spend time with any grandparent from my side of the family. I love the bond that my boys have with my mom, and I'm scared that it will go away because she isn't able to spend time with them.
I wasn't prepared for her to be leaving so soon. I was hoping to spend a week with her in March... one last hurrah before she goes. The timing of her departure is the part I'm in denial about. I'm just not able to picture her leaving in 18 days without us having another visit. I'm not prepared to wait until the summer of 2009 to see her. That is SO far away.
I am trying really hard to be supportive, but the truth is, I am sad.
9 comments:
Ecuidor(sp?). How exciting! Yet I do feel real sorry about how you feel and I want you to know that I am here for anything that you will need. Even if ii is to vent or talk about how crazy things are going in life. I know it is not the same as a mommy, but I want you to know I am here.Your mom is an amazing person and the Lord does need her and knows that there are many people that need her also. 18 days is so soon, but think of it this way. She will get back sooner. Mandy I love you and I know you and your family will be blessed for this. Have a good time this weekend.
Dear, dear Mandy,
I know I have your full support. I also know you're sad. I feel the same way. I will spend many days ahead mourning the temporary suspension of the relationships that mean so much to me. But this is what the Lord asks of us. Our lives are not our lives, but His. And when we come together again, we will be different--better people than we are now. That reunion will be so sweet. I love you. Mom
I'm excited for your Mom. She will be a very very good missionary. I know it must be hard for you but speaking as a grandma I know it will be hard for her too. Our children and especially our grandchildren are a very important part of our lives. We are fortunate to live in a time where we are able to have communication available to us. Imagine if the only way to stay in touch was by letters that took months to arrive!You have a unique opportunity to teach your boys about going on a mission and they will be able to follow your mom's mission step-by-step thanks to her blog. And little Tabitha will be at a wonderful age when she returns. This is an exciting time for your family! Love, Marie
OH Mandy, I am so sorry that the timing is coming so soon, but wow! How incredible. The Lord is so incharge of our lives. Your mom's life is so different now than it ever was and Heavenly Father is putting her to good use. I know that Heavenly Father blesses those at home just as much, well probably more, than he will bless your mom. That special bond that your mom and boys have will not diminish at all. REally!! It will truly grow. Hard to imagine, but that is how it works. You will grow through this experience as you continue to move forward with joy and faith in the things that lie ahead. I'll be your mommy, come to Kentucky honey! I love you. Good Luck Kim, an adventure awaits you!
I'm so excited for your mom and for the people she will be serving. She sounds like an amazing lady and what an example of doing what Heavenly Father wants her to do. Definitely not an easy thing. What a wonderful example she is setting for her family, especially her grandkids. They will learn so much from her example. Good luck with all that's going on.
Mandy,
I've tried to leave a comment a couple times, but I keep thinking of the last time we talked and keep tearing up. You have been such a WONDERFUL friend for sooooo many years (we really are getting old!) I hate when you are sad and I want to be there to talk to you instead of on the phone. I know you will be blessed beyond measure and your mom is much needed in the mission field. What a wonderful mother you have to look up to. My love to you and your family.
Holy Cow! It sounds like an amazing mission, but I can't believe she is leaving so soon! Are you not going to be able to see her at all before she goes? Hopefully you'll get a chance to visit her there, but I don't blame you for being so sad to say good-bye.
That must be hard, but I really do envy what a wonderful mother you have. What a blessing!
I'm so sorry your mother dearest is leaving so soon. I can only imagine how desperate you are to have her close to your sweet family.
Post a Comment