Tuesday, January 15, 2008

For those of you who are looking for an update...

I thought I should let ya'll know that I'm still pregnant. The doctors appointment went fine, other than I had ZERO progress. I was exactly the same as last week... which totally seems like a waste of a whole week... like I didn't even suffer through those 7 days.
I'm dealing with it though. Dr. Joe said he tried to "stir things up a bit", but didn't strip my membranes. He says that at 37 weeks there is still a 1% (whoopee) chance that the lungs aren't developed yet. I know he's being a responsible doctor and all, but I was still hoping.
Today was a decent day of contractions. I'm still having them this evening, but they aren't hard or long. The boys and I just went for another walk around the block. Tomorrow is a big day... if she doesn't come tomorrow I have to stop trying to induce my own labor because the baby shower is Saturday and I am SO excited and I don't want to miss it. It's either tomorrow, or we wait until Saturday afternoon to start trying again.
I don't remember which one of you told me this, but I've been thinking about it a lot. Someone said that my dad is just keeping her with him for as long as possible. It definitely wouldn't surprise me. He LOVED little girls and she's probably got him wrapped around her teeny little finger.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Hang in there Mandy, it's so worth the wait.

Alisa Larson said...

Okay, that last tidbit about your dad made me cry. That is probably very near to the truth. How neat to know that he could meet her before she comes into your family. I'm excited for your shower too!

foreveryoung said...

Those last weeks, days, hours are the worst! If only they went by as fast as the weeks after she is born. Such a sweet thought about your dad, I'm sure it makes the waiting a little more bearable (just a little)

Nichols Family said...

Ohhh, you just tugged at my heartstrings....I'm not a weeper but that was soooooo cute what you said about your Dad. Just think, your baby totally has spent tons of time w/your Dad and knows him so well...awesome.