Sunday, January 20, 2008

Done.... and Done.

And finally, the moment we've all been waiting for... Tabitha has arrived. It turns out that I DO have complete control over when I go into labor (I'm really only kidding, but I still like to believe this). We arrived at the hospital very early this morning amidst a huge internal conflict of whether or not I was REALLY in labor. I was having some contractions that were epidural worthy, but my contractions were not getting harder and closer together... they were all over the place. I really didn't want to waste precious sleeping time just to be sent home, but we ultimately decided we were better safe than sorry.
All the prayers we said while we were walking the halls paid off. I went from a three to a four or five in 40 minutes and we were IN! We both breathed a huge sigh of relief and started calling the grandmas. I got the heaven-sent epidural before the contractions got too bad and the grandmas arrived shortly thereafter. It was a long night of waiting and trying to sleep a little, but at 7:26am our little lady arrived with a healthy wail and big bright eyes. She weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. at birth and was 19.5 inches long.
She was alert for a couple of hours and we haven't seen her eyes since. We can't get her to wake up for ANYTHING! Her brothers came to visit with lunch and Daxton is just as in love with her as Brandon and I. Grady likes to admire her from afar. I think it will just take him a little time to get used to having such a fragile little person around.
Brandon cannot get enough of her. He has passed the hours today just watching her sleep. It is such a beautiful sight to see the man you love holding his only daughter and looking at her with so much love and adoration. We are SO blessed!
I am feeling pretty good considering the whole ordeal of birthing a child. I have a mandatory 48 hour hospital stay, but I will welcome the time alone with Tabitha and opportunity to take it easy.
For all of you who have been anticipating this birth right along with me... Thanks for all your love and support through the last 9 months. I truly have the best friends in the whole world.

15 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

Wow, you are really on top of your blogging! Congratulations! I was hoping you had her when I saw that Grady wasn't in Sunbeams today. Enjoy your rest at the hospital while you can.

Kari said...

Congratulations!! I was so happy to hear that little Tabitha finally decided to put her mommy out of her misery!! I can't wait to see a picture and hear all about her. Good luck with 3, you'll have to let me know if it sends you over the edge!!

Unknown said...

I had to check the blog just before I go off to bed! CONGRATS! Little girls are just the absolute best. Finn takes such good care of his baby sister and is so sweet, that is, until he wants someone to wrestle with and no one else is available! :)
I can't wait to see pictures!!
Love you!!

Kristin said...

Oh Yeah! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures. What a woman you are blogging already...Enjoy your few days of rest!

Angie Whitman said...

Congrats Mandy! That's so great! Brandon will be smitten for the rest of his life. It is so great to see the bond between a daddy and his daughter! Its priceless. Hope your recovery is quick and easy (as possible).
Angie

Crystal said...

Yea! We all hoped the best when you didn't show on Sunday. That little girl just wanted to see all of her cute outfits she got on Saturday. What a girl! I am impressed you've got your blog entry up already, but Mandy, we want pictures!

Niederfam said...

CONGRATULTAIONS!!! That is great news, I can't wait to see her, and you are TOTALLY on top of it, blogging in the hopsital and everything, glad you are doing so well. Enjoy the time in the hospital while you can!!!! Hip Hip Horray!!!! Soak up all the pink things you can for me, will ya?? :)

Nichols Family said...

YYYYEEEAAAHHHH!!!! Congratulations, wow, I thought you were just ditching church for the fun of it....I'm glad you had her! Your shower was so cute...and I'm so jealous you have a GIRL! ;)

Shanen said...

Yea Mandy, I am so happy for you. Love every minute of your hospital stay with your little Tabitha. Can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

You bearly squeeked that shower in girl! TABATHA - Welcome to the Shamrock Farms Ward where you will be squeezed and adored by us all (as you can tell from the comments) We needed you, three boys born last week, not that I ever did my part in keeping boy/girl ratios even. Cant wait to see her Mandy.

Jen H. said...

Congrats! What a women you are updating your blog the same day. I was excited to hear she's arrived and all is well. Can't wait to meet her!

Chelsea said...

Ok, how are you blogging?! You bring dedicated blogger to a whole new level! I can't believe you had her the day after your shower, how unbelievably perfect is that!! Congrats!! I am sure she is gorgeous!

foreveryoung said...

Congratulations!! It makes all those 9 months of misery worth every minute...I can't wait to see a female version of your adorable boys! I'm glad your delivery went well and yes, please share your secret for inducing labor--you seriously couldn't have planned that any better!

Jenny Shumway said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to meet that sweet little girl! Get some rest and I'll see you soon!

Michael and Brinn said...

Mandy- I tear up reading your post from the hospital. I am so happy for you. It is think I feel as happy inside for you as maybe you do,(well,maybe not quite.) But it's amazing when your dear friend, who are like sisters have their babies, I feel so excited and weepy. I'm glad it when so well, and their is another Rohner lady in the house. You were out numbered way to long. Congrats. I love you!