I had the kickoff party for my quilting business last night. I would say it was a HUGE success... except for the fact that NO ONE ATE ENOUGH! I have so much food left over and I tried to send food home with pretty much everyone. I bought super-sized veggie and fruit platters that didn't even look like they had a dent in them. There were mini eclairs (thanks to my friend Heather), stuffed mushrooms, cocktail meatballs, spinach dip, brownie cups, and more chocolate covered strawberries than you can imagine.
I really had a great time, although I wish I'd been able to spend more time with everyone. I truly missed the people that weren't able to make it. There's so many friends that I haven't seen in a long time that I was looking forward to seeing. I guess I'll just have to have another party soon!
I got lots of compliments on the quilts and I'm still not sure how to handle them. Honestly, I know I have a talent for making quilts but it's so hard for me to just be gracious and say thank you. WHY IS THAT!!!
This is my friend Michelle who was my catering buddy for the party. She helped me with almost all the food, so I made her this apron as a thank you. She also spent the entire party dealing with the food. Thank you, thank you Michelle- I REALLY couldn't have done it without you.
So, the party is over. I really hope everyone who made it had fun. You people need to eat more.
My website should be up this next week, but all the quilts that are for sale are on my Etsy site at http://modernpiecesquilts.etsy.com. Go check them out!
7 comments:
It looks like you had fun! I'm sorry I missed out. I'll be checking out your website... don't you worry!
Congratulations! I feel like I'm on cloud 9 for you. I am so proud of you! Thanks again for the apron. I love it. Heath really likes it too. He said you did a good job on it!
Mandy your quilts are beautiful, it was fun to come over and see your great talent. I can't wait to see the baby room.
I thought you would be busy recuperating instead of blogging, but once again it just proves that you are AMAZING! Last night was so fun and the quilts are gorgeous! I'm trying to decide which is my favorite, but it's too hard! Congratulations on your big day and thanks for a fun party! PS--um, you can send that extra food my way :) Everything was delish!
I think I'm going to have to have a boy just so I have an excuse to get that airplane quilt. LOVE IT! Thanks again for the invite. I did eat as much as I possibly could, but I'll try harder next time.
Now, Im even more bummed I missed it. I think you need to have one once a month.
Vonda
Just say THANK YOU!!!!! You are AMAZING!!!! The flowers are beautiful, and I wish I was there to eat some of the food!!! And how GREAT are your quilts......AMAZE me!!!! And I LOVE etsy, a cousin hooked me on it a while ago, and you can bet I'll be watching your cute quilts.....can't wait to see you this Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment