Sunday, September 23, 2007

Did I mention...


That yesterday was also my 7th wedding anniversary? Now here come the waterworks (I just adore my honey). We obviously didn't celebrate our anniversary yesterday, but it just seemed special anyway. One of my favorite things in the whole world is waking up with Brandon in the morning. I doesn't happen very often because he is such an early riser, and I am definitely NOT. Yesterday was no exception, but I still love him because he got up to get the boys their breakfast... which meant that I didn't have to. He took Daxton to his soccer game in the morning, where the team lost. Brandon was trying so hard to get over the loss, but the other parents saw that he was visibly upset. One dad said to Brandon, "you can tell that you're a winner at heart". It's just a little funny that the boys were happy that they got to play soccer and have treats, but the coach was sad.
I am so lucky to get to spend my life with such a wonderful man. He may forget to unload the dishwasher when I ask (because of dumb college football), but he makes up for it in so many other ways.
He spends almost every day of his life in service to me and the boys. Whether it is going to work so we can have a home and food, or working in his church calling to be a good example to Daxton and Grady- everything he does is for us. There are lots of women out there who aren't so blessed. I don't understand why he chose me, but I'm sure glad he did.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

How sweet, you made me miss my hubby!

Shanen said...

Thanks for finding me a leaving a comment, I'm glad you did... You know that lucky husband is just as lucky to have us as his wive.

foreveryoung said...

Awww...now wasn't that sweet :) Happy Anniversary, I hope you get a chance to go out and celebrate! You guys are great together and you definately lucked out to get an early riser (among the other things of course :)!

Chelsea said...

Seriously! Jer was an early riser... hmmmm, so VERY long ago & I Loved that about him. :) What a wonderful hubby you have, we are coming up on 7 yrs too! 7 yrs and 2 boys, pretty similar! Last night was so nice, thank you! The food was SO delicious & the quilts are just beautiful. I think I ate 6+ eclairs, among other things, I just couldnt stop!

Nancy said...

you guys look so happy. also you look like you to should be in a magazine. I feel bad i didn't know it was your anniversary. i would of said something. What a good husband. I had such a nice time at your open house and know that you are going to be great, cause your quilts truely are amazing and you take all the compliments you get cause you deserve everyone of them . those where the best quilts i have ever seen, and i am not just saying that. i really mean it.

Anonymous said...

SUUUWEEEET! I love mushy blogs! You two are adorable and it only gets better every year when your married to a sweetheart. I linked you on my blog, hope its ok.

Happy Anniversary.

Vonda

MommyRohner said...

No problem Vonda. I was just thinking of linking you so I don't have to do all that pesky typing.

Angie Whitman said...

Hope you don't mind...I followed the link off of Vonda's blog. Who would of thought that we had a whole group of bloggers in our Ward! We should have a big blog party. Anyways, your blog is cute and congrats on having a girl!! So fun.:) Angie