Sunday, September 16, 2007

At least he had FUN!


Yesterday was Daxton's first soccer game. Unfortunately Brandon wasn't able to coach because he had a company golf tournament that he was in charge of planning. Despite the 105 degrees Grady and Daxton and I traipsed out to the furthest field from the parking lot with our water and chairs. We were all pretty exhausted by game time, but Daxton was a trooper and was VERY excited to play. It was SO HOT! I was making a mental shopping list as I was sitting there in the full sun (umbrella, mister, spray bottles, rolling cooler, sweat towel for Daxton). Most of the kids did really well despite the heat. Daxton played as much as they'd let him, even though he was dripping with sweat.


I honestly don't know the score (a very sore point with Brandon). I know Daxton and another boy on his team both kicked the ball into the goal at the same time for a point. The important thing is that they worked really hard and had a GREAT time.
Cousin Mason had his game about the same time yesterday, so we gathered for some quick pictures when the games were over. Talk about some sweaty heads.


After traipsing all the way back to the air-conditioned car (I love my auto-start) it was so nice to hear Daxton say, "Mom, that was SO MUCH FUN!" Hallelujah, it wasn't all in vain.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ohh I wish I would have signed Brayden up, despite the heat, YUCKY. I would so not know the score either, its a guy thing! See ya Saturday, I am having a baby shower that day so I will be happily ready to escape & switch roles from hostess to guest!

Niederfam said...

Oh I feel for you............I really can understand the heat too because it was a HOT one in Utah this summer. Although it's blissfully cooler now.....Sorry! Anyway I'm glad he had fun...........I LOVE it. And GREAT invitation...........I can't wait to hear about it........:)

Nancy said...

What a good mom. I like to think we are all "super moms", and you fit it to a "T". Hey I am planning on coming on saturday. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am so excited.

foreveryoung said...

I'm glad you survived the heat! I thought Daxton said the score was like 3 to 600 or something? Now Brandon doesn't have to worry anymore :) See you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone to your party:-( I got food poisoning and was super sick last night. I LOVE the aprons. Do you have a website for your stuff? If not, put a few things on the side of your blog so we can get a peek and know your prices. See you at 2:40 or 2:45 knowing us.