Mommy Rohner's Journal. To remember all the things that I'll forget if I don't write them down.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Grady's Birthday "Bash"
The poor child probably got the shaft on his birthday. He wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese, and he wanted to have an "Incredibles" birthday too. Since I didn't put much planning into Grady's birthday party I was out searching for an incredibles cake, balloons, hats, etc on the day of his party. Can we say SLACKER MOM! I totally failed- I guess the incredibles are old news. The only thing I managed to find were latex balloons. I bought them, and showed them to Grady first, hoping he wouldn't realize we had nothing else with the incredibles on it.
He had Daxton's birthday fresh in his mind, and since Daxton got a really cool cake, he wanted one too. Unfortunately, the best I could do at the last minute was a yellow cake with CARS bouncy balls on it. I know you're all saying I am the worst mom ever. How could I do that to such a precious little three year old? Fortunately, Grady is as laid back as a kid can come, and he didn't let it bother him.
We did go to Chuck E. Cheese, but kept it more low key than Daxton's party. It was just the four of us, and my mom. The good part about keeping it small is that the boys (and their parents and grandma) got lots of tokens. Brandon whooped me in skeeball, but I wasn't playing to win, I was playing for leisure.
So, my baby is 3. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can't believe he's three. Happy birthday to him. "Bad Mom", I think not. You are the best mom and wife anyone could ask for. I hope to be more like you.
Post a Comment