This is the first project of Family Service Month. As Rohners we all had a project or two that we needed help getting done. So I declared May "Family Service Month". Luckily everyone played along, and the first week we had everyone over to plant trees and plants and put up the playground. We were so busy that this is the only picture I got. The men put up the playground, and the ladies did the planting. Kayson brought his jack hammer over to help us dig holes in our concrete-like dirt.
We got a lot done, but the yard isn't looking much better yet. We still need to buy the rubber bark that goes under the playground, and all the landscape rock. So, when it looks better I'll send pictures.
Thanks to all that helped us on that HOT day.
This past saturday we all met up at Grandma Rohner's house for power washing and painting her house, a whole lot of weeding and debris clearing, and general maintenance around the house. Again, we were so busy I didn't get pictures. However, it was sure nice to work at her house where she has a whole lot more shade than we do. I honestly enjoyed myself.
I think we're going to be at Brandon's parents house this Saturday for more house painting. What great bonding time!
2 comments:
I LOVE your family service month idea. I wish we had family close so that we could do it (we sure could have used it when we did our back yard, instead of hiring the illegals :)
What a great idea. I love all of your pictures. I'm sure your place is looking so great. I am jealous that you get to live in Arizona. I want to talk with you about Joy school sometime. Your blog is looking good.
Post a Comment