Monday, February 27, 2012

Um, Wow.

About two weeks ago Brandon and I were asked to come meet with the Stake President.  Now, I know what it means when the Stake President wants to meet with you, but for some reason I had convinced myself that it wasn't going to be a big deal.
I had been needing to get a temple recommend interview, so I arranged to have that interview done at the same time.
On the night of our arranged meeting there was pack meeting for Daxton, basketball practice for Brandon and Grady, and mutual for Brandon as well, since he was the 1st Counselor in the Young Men's presidency.  It was a crazy night to say the least.  Tyfani took all the kids to pack meeting for me and Brandon met me at the Stake President's office right on time.  President Edwards called me in first for my recommend interview. We got through the incidentals of that and then he began talking to me about the calling Brandon was about to get.  He told me that it was kind of a big deal (though not in those words).  That people would probably watch our family and the choices that we make.  He told me that if we aren't having family prayer and scripture study, then we need to start, and do it to the best of our ability.  I am starting to get VERY nervous, but at the same time, I knew that Brandon is so worthy to hold whatever calling the Lord wants him to hold.  He is a wonderful, faithful, amazing man.  President then asked me a question that had kind of a big effect on me.  He asked me if Brandon treats me like the queen I am.  I just started to cry... tears of joy and love.  My honey is the most incredible husband and he loves me so much.  He loves me even when I make his life difficult.  President got teary eyed and he said, "that is exactly the reaction I was looking for". 
President called Brandon in and after some more talking, he extended the call for Brandon to serve on the High Counsel in our Stake.  It's pretty overwhelming.  I know he's the perfect man for the job, but it means things like not seeing him on Sunday, taking the kids to sacrament meeting by myself, being supportive of all his meetings and talks and more meetings.  But President Edwards, and one of his counselors told us of all the amazing blessings they have received since serving in the Stake Presidency.  We are very blessed, but could use a few more blessings.  We were both willing to take this on, and we have not been disappointed.  The blessings came almost immediately.  More on that in a following post.
I am so proud of my honey for living in such a way that he is worthy to serve in this capacity.  He was assigned to the Spanish ward in our stake and it is so PERFECT for him.  He loves it, and those people will love him.  I can share him.

No comments: