Monday, October 03, 2011

Happy Graduation Dad!

I like to call the Anniversary of my dad's death, his Graduation.  That's understandable, right?  He has graduated from this life and  moved on to the next.  Well, we just celebrated another year since his graduation.  This year I wanted to do something to remember him with my family.  I spent the morning with my sister and her little family at the Salt Lake farmer's market.  When I got home I got to work thinking of some way we could celebrate my dad's life.  I posted on facebook for a few suggestions and I got some good ones.  Ultimately, I decided I would bake a pie (because my dad was the master pie baker), and then Brandon would take the kids in the neighborhood for a ride in Dad's Indian auto.  I'm pretty sure this was the first year I had a happy day on August 27th, rather than spending it being miserable.  Don't get me wrong... I had a good cry, but I chose not to dwell on the pain.  It's time to show my kids the wonderful things about my dad, rather than just be sad that he's gone.

Dallin, Hyatt, and Tabitha

Calvin, Grady, Tabitha, and Brock

No comments: